March is National Reading Month. Last week I shared thirteen authors I need to catch up on. Here are thirteen more, all cozy mystery authors. If you like mysteries, but abhor blood, guts and violence, you might want to give cozies a try. I like suspense, but sometimes you want something a wee bit lighter. Click on any link to find out more about a particular author or series.
Sheila Connolly -- I have fallen behind in her Orchard series, with four to catch up on, and have four in her Museum series to read (with another out in June). Being that far behind in two series, I have decided to skip her new County Cork series. Connolly also writes as Sarah Atwell, and I have read one book in her Glassblowing series.
2. Kate Carlisle -- I read the first couple books in the Bibliophile series, have four to catch up on, am missing one, and book eight is out in June.
Casey Daniels -- I read the first four Pepper Martin books, but the last five are still sitting on my nightstand. I also have some of her Button Box books under her Kylie Logan pseudonym.
4. Nancy Pickard -- Read the first four in her Jenny Cain series, have six more in Mount TBR.
Aaron Elkins -- I read the first four of his Gideon Oliver/Skeleton Detective series, with twelve more in Mount TBR, and one newer volumn I do not yet have.
6. Michele Scott -- I read the first couple Wine Lovers books, and have five more in Mount TBR.
7. Annette Blair -- I've faired better with this author -- only two Vintage Magic books to catch up on. She also wrote the Accidental Witch and Triplet Witch trilogies -- two racey paranormal-romance series I enjoyed.
Susan Wittig Albert -- I read the first couple Beatrix Potter books, and have the last six to catch up on. I also have the first two China Bayles books to read -- out of 22. I am not going to acquire any more books in that series or her newer Darling Dahlias until I've caught up on those I already have.
9. Julie Hyzy -- I have three Manor House and four White House Chef books to read. I had trouble finding book two in the WH series, and I dislike reading series out of order so . . . I fell behind. There are also two books in the series I do not have yet.
10. Ellery Adams -- I am not as far behind with this author, only one book in the Books by the Bay series and two in the Charmed Pie Shoppe series. She also writes as JB Stanley, whose books I have not tried.
Nancy Atherton -- I am reading book nine of her Aunt Dimity series right now, with six more in Mount TBR and four I do not have yet.
12. Joyce and Jim Lavene -- I've read the first one or two books in a couple series of theirs, with a few more of each in Mount TBR: Missing Pieces, Sharyn Howard, Renaissance Faire. and Peggy Lee Garden. This couple also writes under a number of pseudonyms.
Charlaine Harris -- Most people only know her for the Southern Vampire/Sookie Stackhouse series (I still have the last two to read), but long before Sookie she wrote three cozy mystery series. I loved the Lily Bard series -- read a few years ago -- and Lily and husband made guest appearances in a couple of the Sookie books. I read two of the Aurora Teagarden series and have six more to read, plus there's the four-book Harper Connolly series.
Your turn -- Have you read any of these authors/series? Any of them catch your eye?
LINKING TO: Thursday Thirteen