Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Teaser Tuesday 4: Dipped, Stripped, and Dead


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

* Grab your current read
* Open to a random page
* Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
* BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
* Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

This week I give you...the opening paragraph of a new cozy mystery, Dipped, Stripped, and Dead by Elise Hyatt.


When I was little, I was going to be a ballerina. This was a strange ambition for a five-year-old who could trip over both feet at the same time while standing still. As soon as that tragic fact dawned on me, I settled on the more attainable ambition of becoming a lion tamer. This, at least, seemed perfectly within my reach, because my cat always did exactly what I wanted her to--well, except when she balked at jumping through the lighted hoop. Which is just as well, because Mom didn't exactly approve of my setting fire to her quilting frame. With the quilt in it.


Tell me that opening paragraph doesn't have you wanting to read on!



13 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the title and the books sounds hilarious.
Here's mine

Anonymous said...

It's funny ... Here is mine:
http://sumanam.wordpress.com/2009/10/14/teaser-tuesdays-7/

Heather said...

Snowbell and Sumanam - Thank you, and thanks for visiting!

Jennifer said...

Another one for my TBR list. My teaser is here: http://rundpinne.blogspot.com/2009/10/nine-dragons-teaser-tuesdays.html

Kari said...

This sounds SUPER Cute! Can't wait to see how you feel about it when you finish it!

Cackleberry Homestead said...

Oh my goodness - that is just too funny. I can picture a lighted quilting hoop quite well. I actually wanted to be a ballerina too - but I am clumsy - never thought about the lion tamer.

Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Anonymous said...

Haha what a cute teaser! I haven't heard of this book - hope you're enjoying it!

Here's my Teaser Tuesday.

Alice Audrey said...

LOL. Good out-take!

Anonymous said...

Definitely has me curious to know more!

Kim said...

What a great opener! AND I love cozy myteries, so I look forward to your review.

Thanks for stopping by my teaser: The Outlander

Margot said...

I agree with you - that opening paragraph does make me want to keep reading.

Thanks for stopping by my place today.

Grain de Beaute said...

This book would definitely be added on my TBR List. The lines were just hilarious. I hope you enjoy reading it. ^_^

Here's my Teaser Tuesday: http://bookishpursuits.blogspot.com/2009/10/teaser-tuesday-catching-fire.html

Heather said...

Thanks, the first page in general was hilarious, and so far the book is good. We are sure to see more from this author!