Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Gobble Gobble

The turkeys are back!

Okay, maybe they never actually left the neighborhood, but as often as I walk this area, this is the first I've seen of the turkeys since I posted about them back in May. And yes, I've been watching for them.




I saw the same trio as I did in May, as well as a fourth one. The other three didn't seem all that keen in being friends with the newcomer. I tried to get one pic of all four, but they were not in a mood to cooperate. In fact, I'm fairly certain they were busy trying to run off the interloper.




Look at that bird run! That's the interloper, streaking down the street ahead of me. It was going so fast, it was hard to photograph, never mind actually focus.






6 comments:

Jana said...

Poor interloper turkey. Turkeys are MEAN. lol

Heather said...

Yes they are! LOL

Alice Audrey said...

Mean and elusive that you didn't see them for so long. Think you'll see them again anytime soon?

Look at that interloper run!

Heather said...

I'm sure I'll see them again some time. I don't walk the same route every time, though. Have to mix it up a bit so I don't get bored, you know. But whenever I do go this route, I always watch for the turkeys. It could be that they were roosting or passing through one of the backyards not viewable from the street.

Alice Audrey said...

Or they could be hiding from you, waiting for a chance to fly out and scare you.

Heather said...

Umm...yeah. lol