Monday, May 06, 2013

Teaser Tuesday 172: Disney in Shadow

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

* Grab your current book or recent read.
* Share a few "teaser" sentences from somewhere in the book.
* BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (Make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away. You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
* Share the title and author so that other participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teaser!



I seem to be reading a lot of YA lately. While not unusual for me to pick up a couple books in this genre each year, I have read quite a bit more than usual lately. This week is no exception, as I am teasing from the third book in Ridley Pearson's "Kingdom Keepers" series, Disney in Shadow. This series is set at Disney World and related theme parks, so if you're a fan of The Mouse, you may enjoy these yourself. 


"Dang," he said. "We need to find an exit."

"An exit? Can’t we just close the session?"

"It doesn’t exactly work like that. Once you’re in this world, you’re in it."

"Sounds familiar," Finn quipped.

(Philby and Finn, Chapter 16)
~*~*~*~*~

He walked out, in no particular hurry, his feet and fingers beginning to tingle again. The song stayed in his head, the image of her in his mind.

He felt safe. He felt good.

He felt totally confused.

(Finn, Chapter 16)




ABOUT THE BOOK:
Kingdom Keepers #3
Read my teaser from Book 1, Disney After Dark


When Disney Imagineers installed hologram guides for the Magic Kingdom, using teenage models they had no idea the technology might backfire. But backfire it did: some nights when the kids go to sleep, they wake up in one of the Disney parks as a hologram.

With the adventures set forth in the first books now behind them, Kingdom Keepers 3: Disney In Shadow follows the five teens, Finn, Philby, Willa, Charlene, and Maybeck as they search to find Wayne, their mentor and head Imagineer who has mysteriously gone missing. Concerned Wayne has been abducted by the Overtakers—Disney villains, who along with other Disney characters, take over the parks when the turnstiles stop spinning, and want desperately to steer the parks to a far darker place—the five kids pick up a major clue from a close friend, Jez, whose dreams (nightmares, really) often accurately predict the future.

The very few clues from Jez’s dream lead the kids into Disney’s Hollywood Studios and Epcot--through imaginary worlds that become real, by imaginary kids who are real. Each clue seems tied to the last, and with the stakes growing ever higher, what starts out as a puzzle ends up as a fight for their lives. Through a transparent paper box, a quest for a sword, rides on Soarin' and Maelstrom, life-and-death encounters with giant snakes, and a devious Maleficent, the Kingdom Keepers not only begin to decipher deeper meanings to the clues, but discover new truths about themselves and their ever-growing friendships.






20 comments:

Shelley Munro said...

I've been reading a lot of YA too. This one sounds interesting. Trapped with the mouse :)

Here's My Teaser

Beth F said...

I'm a YA fan too but I haven't read this series.

My teaser.

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

This series sounds tempting! Cute snippets.

Here's MY TUESDAY MEMES POST

Anonymous said...

A great cover and teaser.

http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2013/05/teaser-tuesday.html

Heather said...

Shelley: It is an interesting series, especially with the hologram factor and characters coming to life.

Beth F: I had never heard of this series before my sister loaned me the books. They've been to Disney World at least a dozen times. Me? Never.

Heather said...

Laurel-Rain: Thank you, glad you like the snippets!

Trib: All of the covers in this series are fun, and illustrate some scene in the book. This one features the snake Gigabyte, from Disney's "Honey, I Shrunk the Audience!"

Melissa O. said...

Interesting teasers, I'm intrigued!

My TT post is from THE HAUNTING SEASON by Michelle Muto.

Heather said...

Thanks, Melissa!

Alice Audrey said...

Seems like lately YA has gotten better and better.

Jessica @ a GREAT read said...

Nice teases!! YA has definitely changed in the few short years when I was reading it as a teen! It's sooo much better now I think!

Thanks for visiting my teaser!

Heather said...

Alice: Yes, it has! There are at least four series I'm reading right now.

Heather said...

Thanks, Jessica! Like any genre, the strength of its books seems to go in circles. YA has been riding a high for more than a decade now. Lots of great authors and some fantastic series out there!

Nash Nordin said...

Haven't heard of this one. Sounds interesting. Thanks for sharing!

ai love books

Yvonne said...

I rarely read YA, but this sounds good.

Heather said...

Nash: I had not heard of this series until my sister brought me the first three books. Now I'm just starting book five. They are interesting and fun, but really helps if you've been there or have a good map so you know where stuff is.

Heather said...

Hi Yvonne! I seem to be reading more YA lately. A couple series were recommended by my sister, and a couple I discovered on my own.

kayerj said...

sounds good and similar to the book I'm reading right now.

Jenny Q said...

I especially like the second one! Thanks for visiting my teaser!

Heather said...

Kelley: Hmm...I didn't think it sounded similar to the one you posted, other than that they are both YA fantasy, but if you say so... LOL

Heather said...

Jenny Q: Thanks, I really liked that one, too. It's been fun (from an adult POV) to see how the kids' feelings for each other change throughout this series, especially now that they are in HS.