Saturday, December 07, 2013

2013 Christmas Cards

Some of this year's Christmas cards . . .

At end of October, I was contacted by a friend, asking if I could make some cards for her. I readily agreed, and knew immediately that this was my chance to use this large angel stamp from Tin can Mail/Inkadinkado. I came up with the purple design first, then tried it in raspberry, but both needed a little something. For the red, I dug out the Canvas background stamp, which I think looks awesome on kraft cardstock, and Itty Bitty Backgrounds for the purple. Further details are below each card. Click on any image for a larger view.




Stamps: Angels We Have Heard on High (Tin Can Mail/Inkadinkado);
Itty bitty Backgrounds (SU); Heard From the Heart (SU)
Paper: White, Lap of Luxury (Darice) * Paper Size: 4.25" x 5.5"
Ink: Vintage Violet, Craft White (SU)
Accessories: White ribbon, ribbon punch * Techniques: Sponging



Stamps: Angels We Have Heard on High (Tin Can Mail/Inkadinkado); Canvas (SU)
Paper: Kraft, White, Lap of Luxury (All by Darice)
Paper Size: 4.25" x 5.25" * Ink: Rich Razzleberry (SU)
Accessories: White ribbon, ribbon punch * Techniques: Sponging
 


This is for this week's CAS challenge, CAS247, which was "Inspired by Music."
Stamps: Angels We Have Heard on High (Tin Can Mail by Inkadinkado)
Paper: Taken With Teal (SU); White (Darice); Old World Winter (The Paper Studio)
Ink: Taken With Teal * Techniques: Sponging





4 comments:

Alice Audrey said...

I like the blue with the musical score in the background.

Heather said...

Alice: The teal is actually my favorite. I also have a navy one that did not get included in this posting.

Alice Audrey said...

The navy is probably nice, but the teal has a kind of subtlety to it that I like.

Heather said...

I wanted to do more like the teal one, but did not have enough of the music note background. The scales of the other music pages I had were much bigger and did not look right. They seemed to overwhelm the focal image. So, I only got a few of the teal ones.