Monday, March 24, 2014

Teaser Tuesday 212: Aunt Dimity: Snowbound

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

* Grab your current book or recent read.
* Share a few "teaser" sentences from somewhere in the book.
* BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (Make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away. You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
* Share the title and author so that other participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teaser!




Recently finished ~
Aunt Dimity: Snowbound by Nancy Atherton

I made good speed up the lane. It was easy to follow, straight and level, with steep banks on either side, and the ferocious wind helped, too, pushing at my back like a giant hand, as if eager to hurry me on my way. Nevertheless, the snow was shin-deep and rising by the time I spied the ghostly outline of a building dead ahead.

(Start of Chapter 3)



ABOUT THE BOOK:
Series: Aunt Dimity #9

Lori Shepherd and the phantom Aunt Dimity have become one of the mystery genre’s most celebrated detective duos. In their latest adventure, a pleasant woodland stroll through the English countryside is rudely cut short by the blizzard of the century, forcing Lori to take shelter in Ladythorne Abbey—an old pile still haunted by the presence of the madwoman whose prison it once was. But the abbey’s greatest secret is the priceless jewel it conceals somewhere within its cloisters—an heirloom that hides a treacherous past that Lori’s fellow guests can’t wait to get their hands on. Only Aunt Dimity’s indispensable wisdom can help Lori unravel a mystery that is considerably thicker than the accumulating snow in this page-turning treat.




14 comments:

Vonnie said...

Snow...I wonder how I would live my life if it ever snowed over here in Southern Cali.

My TT

Heather said...

Vonnie: Seeing how Southern Californians reacted to a good snowstorm would be interesting to see. The entire state would probably shut down, LOL. :D

Sonia Lal said...

Sounds she would be happy to get out of the snow!

Mine: http://storytreasury.wordpress.com/2014/03/25/3281/

Sandra Nachlinger said...

Sounds like a good cozy mystery. I'll read this one.
My Teaser is from SEVEN LITTLE WORDS.

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Sounds so tempting! Thanks for sharing...and enjoy.

Thanks for visiting my blog.

Unknown said...

Great imagery. As for me, I've had enough of snow. It could go away now.

My teaser from Septimus Heap is here: http://pdworkman.com/syren-teaser-teasertuesday

Alice Audrey said...

Just when I was trying to forget about Winter.

Shelley Munro said...

I've never read any of the Aunt Dimity mysteries. I might see if the library has one on audio.

Anonymous said...

I'm quite intrigued by this book, I've not heard of it or the author but it does sound like a great read. Thanks for sharing :-)

Heather said...

Sonia: I know I would be!

Sandra: This is a good series. I recommend starting with the first, Aunt Dimity's Death, since that sets up the entire series.

Laurel-Rain: Happy to have tempted you! :)

Heather said...

PD: I'm with you--I've had enough of the snow and cold for one year.

Alice: LOL...Sorry 'bout that! ☺

Heather said...

Shelley: There are about 19 books in the series now. I recommend starting with book one, Aunt Dimity's Death.

Thanks, Cleo -- Happy to have intrigued you with this book/series. As mentioned in my post, this is book 9 of 19, so you might want to start at the beginning.

kayerj said...

I do like the teaser. Enjoy your book.

Heather said...

Thanks, Kelley!