Thursday, February 11, 2016

Thursday Thirteen 405: Winter Walk

Thirteen photos taken during a winter walk last week -- the photos I meant to share last Thursday before the file somehow disappeared from my USB drive. I'm glad I was able to get out last week as the windchills have been far too brutal and dangerous for long walks this week. This week's weather is definitely made for hibernating, which is what I intend to do over the coming weekend.



Icicle 




Wind-blown snow along a bridge support












Believe it or not, there is a path through these trees. 








The smaller of two nearby sledding hills was bare
when I passed by -- but probably not for long. 





LINKING TO: Thursday Thirteen






7 comments:

colleen said...

Beautiful sepia tones and pathways that exude cold invitations.

CountryDew said...

Lovely shots. I like the ones with the water the best. I agree with Colleen's poetic pronouncement.

Ron. said...

Great shots indeed. We're staring down the barrel of sub-zero temps & wicked wind-chills this weekend, too.

Alice Audrey said...

That mini-icicle is seriously cute, and I love all the winding roads.

You've had a weird Winter this year. First too warm, then too cold.

We're still in the deep freeze most of the time, but today it got up to 50. Maybe in a few weeks Spring will be in the air.

Beth at PlantPostings said...

Wonderful winter images, Heather! Yes, it's too cold this week--especially today with temps plummeting to subzero and the wind howling. Stay warm! Soon it will feel like spring!

Heather said...

Thank you, Colleen!

Anita: Thank you. I was happy to see ice-covered running water that day. Made for some great photo opportunities.

Ron: We had below-freezing temps all last week, with snow and howling winds yesterday. I was happy to have the weekend off, and not to set foot outdoors.

Alice: Thank you, I was glad that one turned out. It has indeed been a weird winter, and not over yet. We're going from temps just below zero Saturday, up to 50 by end of the week. And then, of course, it will go cold again. Gotta love Wisconsin winters!

Beth: Thank you. It was a cold walk to and from the bus Friday. I was glad I decided to go to the grocer store after work Friday, so as not to go out Saturday morning. I was content to spend all day Sunday indoors, reading or stitching. The only pics taken yesterday were through the window. *G*

Novroz said...

Beautiful pictures! I especially like number 1