Monday, September 26, 2005

Romance and Leaves

Saturday was an errand day -- bank, grocery store, etc. -- and a successful outing it was, even though I got caught in a down pour walking home from the bus stop. Yes, I looked like a bedraggled rat by the time I got home, but at least I found a couple of the Lisa Scottoline books I was looking for and I finally found the right color ribbon I wanted for the "Words are Powerful" swap at SCS. You don't know how grateful I am that I did not have to dye ribbon with an ink pads for the 50 pieces I was making. It got messy enough! I used the "French Script" and "More Petal Prints" stamp sets from Stampin' Up.

I spent most of Sunday afternoon and evening finshing my pieces, and think they turned out pretty good. Maybe not exactly as I had originally envisioned them, but simple and elegant. I'll let you judge for yourself. Now I just need to get them packaged up and sent off before the end of the week. I can't wait to see everyone else's!



Interestingly enough -- my horoscope for the day said, "Romance goes from low on the priority list to number one with a bullet." Okay, maybe not what they had intended, but "romance" was indeed at the top of my list today.

I also finished a batch for a "masculine" card swap, also due the end of this week. It's a little hard to tell from the scan, but the base is Chocolate Chip, the larger square Creamy Caramel, and the piece sandwiched between that and white is Eggplant. The stamp set is "Fantastic Foliage" from Stampin' Up.

No comments: