1. Snow Leopards tend to be loners, quite comfortable with themselves, though often drawn to other solitary people. (Um...yep, that would be me.)
2. Snow Leopard Souls are here in part to learn the lesson of Self Reliance. Like the animal that has a mostly solitary life, the person with this totem will encounter many situations in life which develop the ability to rely upon and trust the inner Self. (Often more than one would like)
3. This does not mean that they are undesirous of finding a mate/companionship, merely that they often do their best thinking and problem solving alone. They require frequent time alone with their own thoughts and feelings. Lack of alone time may leave them out of sorts. (Again, definitely me--I have to have my alone time or I get snarly.)
4. It is believed that the Leopard Spirit walks between the Physical World and the Spirit Realm, making them highly intuitive or possessive of psychic ability.
5. They can develop clairaudience, the ability to hear communications from other forms of life or dimensions. Thoughts and inner visions should be trusted as they are based in reality.
6. Snow Leopards’ keen powers of observation make it difficult for others to keep secrets from them, though they are excellent repositories of untold secrets themselves. (Yep, that's also me--everyone's confidant.)
7. Snow Leopards are silent and inconspicuous hunters, moving in and out of situations without being seen. This invisibility allows them to observe situations they encounter with clarity. Those with this totem have strong intuitive abilities. They are highly sensitive people who need to pay attention to how they feel and react accordingly.
8. Because leopards kill by biting the back of the neck and do not attack their prey from the front, those with Leopard energy may have difficulty confronting conflict head on. This can be both beneficial and harmful. Part of the Leopard’s teaching is how to conquer conflict in a balanced way. (Have I mentioned how much I hate conflict?)
9. People with this totem are capable of doing a variety of tasks at one time, but must learn to pace themselves, and not push too hard. (I am indeed a great multitasker.)
10. Snow Leopard people have strong bodies but must remember to release pent up anger, frustrations and other emotions or physical health issues related to the limbs and the skeleton can occur (example: stress felt in neck or shoulders, or arthritis).
11. The Snow Leopard calls for the integration between Personality and Soul, Shadow and Light, Unconsciousness and Conscious Awareness. It calls for introspection, for absorbing and acknowledging a lesson learned.
12. Leopards have a great inner strength and determination, as well as an awareness of the Shadow Self, which they face with quiet determination and perseverance. They are also able to see both the shadow and the light of others, a skill that can assist those who are not offended by their penetrating insight. Of course, their ability to see others for who they really are can also make many enemies.
13. Truth, honesty and integrity are cornerstones of the fundamental being of a Snow Leopard. People with this totem are highly responsible beings, sometimes to a fault.
Stephanie Adkins * Mel * Adelle Laudan
Jenna Allen * Alice Audrey * Tempest Knight
Shelley Munro * Gattina * Thornesworld * Colleen
Ms Menozzi * Inez Kelley * Karen * Jenn
Kandyblossom * Paige Tyler * My Expressions
Jana * Janice Seagraves * Nicholas * Mary
(leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others’ comments. It’s easy, and fun! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things.
Power Animals and Their Sources