Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Pink

A week or so ago Annalee Blysse pointed me in the direction of the Photo Friday website. The challenge posted this past Friday was 'Pink' -- the object being that you upload a photo centered around that theme to your blog or website, then post a direct link at the Photo Friday site for others to view your pic(s). I got out a disc of some of the pictures I've already uploaded to the computer and went searching for shots of my own that would fit the 'Pink' theme. Here's what I found:



4th of July sunset, 2005.



Wild Pink Roses. I saw these on a walk through my neighborhood this past summer.



Full Pink Bloom. This is one of my favorites, taken July 2005 at Olbrich Botanical Gardens in Madison.



Pink Water Lily, Olbrich Botanical Gardens July 2005.


4 comments:

Jana said...

Oh how beautiful! That skyline shot is especially breathtaking. You got it goin' on, girl! :-)

Heather said...

Thanks Jana!

To be honest, the wild roses didn't turn out as well as I had hoped. I took a bunch of different shots, but think the sun was too high so only had a couple truly great ones.

The sunset was a lucky shot. We'd been at the park all day and when they announced the sky divers, as I looked up I noted how pretty the sky was off to the right (north) of their target. Trust me, the picture doens't come close to doing it justice!

Angela's Designs said...

Nice pics. Don't know that I've seen a pink water lily before. I love going to flower gardens too. PhotoFriday can be fun. I missed it this week.

Heather said...

Thanks Annalee! I looked through some of my pics for one that would fit this week's challenge, but nothing popped out. Maybe next time!