Friday, April 13, 2007

SC119 -- Happy Harmony


I wasn't sure if I really liked this card done for this week's sketch challenge, so am finding it hard to believe how many comments I've had on it at SCS. Wow! People actually like it! Sometimes we are so close to our own work that it's difficult for us to perceive how good something truly is. And, of course, what we may not like or think of as "our style" might work for someone else. You just never know. That goes for stamping, painting, photography or writing. There's truth in that age-old adage about us being our own worst critics. Sometimes we need to have a little more faith in our abilities. We need to take a few steps back and look at our work from a different angle...a different point of view. And, of course, stepping out of one's comfort zone from time to time is always good. You never know what you might discover in the process!

Stamps: Happy Harmony
Paper: Always Artichoke, White, Enchante' DP, non-SU green background paper
Ink: Sage Shadow
Accessories: Embroidery floss, Flower brads

2 comments:

Angela's Designs said...

I always thought I was my own worse critic, then I got a bad review. LOL. ;) (I'm just kidding. I know exactly what you mean. I edit too much because I want to find what I'm most pleased with.)

Heather said...

LOL, Annalee!

I made 40 cards over the weekend and was actually happy with all of them. I had a terrible time giving most of them away but, alas, that was the intended purpose.