Thursday, April 19, 2007

Thursday Thirteen #6: Books I've Read



Thirteen Books I've Read in Recent Months


I confess, I don't seem able to read as fast as I did a few years ago. Part of the problem is that I am so tired some days that, as soon as I sit down and start to read -- no matter how great the book is...I start to fall asleep. Too bad reading through osmosis isn't yet possible. Some of these are from the overflowing TBR mountain, others are more recent.


1. Black Rose by Nora Roberts
2. Red Lily by Nora Roberts
3. For One More Day by Mitch Albom
4. Haunted by Lisa Childs
5. Merger of Fortunes by Peggy Moreland
6. Back in Fortune’s Bed by Bronwyn Jameson
7. Blue Smoke by Nora Roberts
8. Carolina Moon by Nora Roberts
9. The No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency by Alexander McCall Smith
10. Beyond Control by Rebecca York
11. Dirty Blonde by Lisa Scottoline
12. The Dollmaker by Amanda Stevens
13. The Haunting by Hope Tarr



Links to other Thursday Thirteens!

1. Jennifer McK 2. Angelle 3. Kissa 4. Gina 5. JAC
6. Elle 7. Jennifer S 8. Debora 9. Jana 10. Joely 11. Tempest
12. Rae 13. Lis 14. Jenna15. Seeley 16. Dayna-1 17. Dayna-2
18. Crystal 19. Angela 20. RG 21. Rhonda 22. Lia
23. Amelia June 24. Kate Willoughby 25. Kate Davies
26. Lara Rose 27. Anna J Evans 28. Nicole Austin
29. Shelley Munro


(leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)


**********************


Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!


24 comments:

Nadia said...

Haven't read any on your list. Do you recommend anything?

Heather said...

Angelle, if you read no one else on my list, I highly recommend Lisa Scottoline. She is phenomenal! The only problem is that her legal thrillers only come out once a year. Way too much time between books! lol

Gina Ardito aka Katherine Brandon said...

So...I'm guessing you like Nora Roberts. I love Lisa Scottoline, but wasn't really wild about Dirty Blonde. My fave of hers is still The Vendetta Defense. I may have to check out some of the others on your list.

P. Robinson said...

I loved that trilogy by Nora Roberts. I find that I don't read so much lately either. I joined the Romance Divas reviewer list for precisely that reason. I can combine my love of reading with my love of promoting and writing. Great list!

Two Voices Publishing said...

I read Nora's flower trilogy too, loved it!! I wish I had that many titles read this year.

Elle Fredrix said...

Blue Smoke was an awesome book! And I still have the Dollmaker in my TBR pile. I've haven't read any Lisa S for a while. I should pick one up.

Jennifer Shirk said...

I've never read a Lisa Scottoline book!

Thank's for the tip!

Unknown said...

Just finished Hope Tarr's The Haunting the other night - enjoyed it.

Rhonda Helms said...

I haven't read any of those, either...but thanks for the good list! I should hit some of those up...

Rhonda Stapleton
http://rhondastapleton.authorsabode.com

Jana said...

Ooo, I've got the Dollmaker in my TBR pile. Was it any good? It'll probably be the next one I pick up.

I don't read as quickly or as frequently as I used to either. Maybe it's an age thing? ;-)

Joely Sue Burkhart said...

I don't read as much any more, either, although I do try to read at least one book a month. I usually have several in various stages throughout the house. I haven't read any of these on your list.

Tempest Knight said...

Oh, I've never read any of these. I'll have to check them out.

Anonymous said...

You'll have to let me know how The Haunting is. I'd planned to take it with me tomorrow, K has a field trip that I'm chaperoning and thought better of it. I haven't read any of the latest Nora's.

This is a great list. I wish I had more time to read.

R.G. ALEXANDER said...

I havent read any on that list-though my sister is in the middle of that Nora trilogy. I loved her Key series, and that Jewels of the Sun thing. Great List!

Unknown said...

Oh, I want to read THE HAUNTING!

Heather said...

Gina~ Yes, I like Nora, though don't read her as much as I used to. As for The Vendetta Defense...omg, yes! The elderly Italian men in that one totally cracked me up; I could actually hear them in my mind. That book totoally rocked!

Elle~ I confess to reading BS and CM because I wanted to read them before seeing the made-for-televios movies. I loved the building up of suspense over the years in Blue Smoke. CM, on the other hand...I had a hard time getting into that one.

Jana and Elle~ The Dollmaker was good, though reading parts of it late at night during a thunderstorm maybe not a good idea. I don't want to say anything more about it, lest it color your opinion of it. ;)

Anonymous said...

Reading... gosh, I wish I still had time to do that. *sigh*

Lis said...

I can't wait to read the Haunting :)

Crystal Jordan said...

I read number 4, too. I quite liked it.

Anna J. Evans said...

Nice list! I wish I had as much time for reading as I used to!

Anna J. Evans

Nicole Austin said...

Great list! Looks like some great reading.

Shelley Munro said...

I'm a huge Nora Roberts fan. I haven't read Lisa Scottoline before. I think I'll check her out :)

http://shelleymunro.bravejournal.com/

Dayna_Hart said...

Lisa Scottoline is on my 'look for her on your next shopping trip' list.

I'm wishing I could read more, too. It seems there aren't enough hours in the day, days in the week, etc.

Jennifer McKenzie said...

I've got some new authors to add to my list now. I don't know if that's a good thing or not. LOL.
Thanks for the list!