Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Land That I Love


How about something a little patriotic as we draw closer to Independence Day -- which is only two weeks away. Where has the year gone?! Next week will be the first of this summer's Concerts on the Square, and the following week (July 4) their big "Stars and Stripes Forever" concert. I'm especially looking forward to that one as the featured guests will be the vocal group Five By Design, a Minneapolis-based quintet featuring 1940s era music. Before you roll your eyes and grimace, trust me--they're good. VERY good. Their shows here are always packed, with the crowd completely circling the Capitol grounds and singing (and often even dancing!) along. It's been a few years since they performed at Concerts on the Square, their last scheduled appearance here having been rained out--hopefully the weather will be cooperative this year.

Anyway, about the card... This is one of a batch of Partiotic cards done up for the troops. My goal was nice and easy cards that enabled me to do a lot in one sitting. I think I succeeded. *grin* I cut the red into strips of 5.5x1.75, then tore one long side of each piece. Flag was stamped below that, slightly off-center, and the sentiment positioned just below that.

Stamps: Flag from Land That I Love (Stampin' Up, retired); Life & Liberty (Stampendous)
Paper: White, Real Red (SU)
Ink: Real Red, Night of Navy (SU)
Accessories: White DMC embroidery floss (leftovers from several counted cross-stitch kits)

No comments: