Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Quick Grad Cards

I mentioned in a previous post that I had made about 50 cards over the weekend. Twenty of those were graduation cards, which were sent out on Monday to troops overseas to send home to family. Nothing special about this batch -- they were true "quick" cards. I started by cutting twenty 1-1/2" by 3" white panels, and stamped the images in basic black ink. I then cut an assortment of colored pieces a quarter inch larger for matting, and used matching ink colors for the sentiments. The cards are all white, the green behind them was just so they would scan and post better.

Stamps: Stampin' Up (cap -- Framed Greetings set; All Year Cheer I & III -- Congrats Grad and Congratulations), A Muse (diploma), Endless Creations (To the Graduate). I used a greeting from a clear stamp set by My Sentiments Exaclty for the inside greeting ("Wishing you much success as you pursue your dreams and goals!").

Paper: White, Real Red, Only Orange, Green Galore, Non-SU Yellow, Perfect Plum, Night of Navy

Ink: Real Red, Only Orange, Green Galore, Non-SU Yellow, Perfect Plum, Night of Navy





3 comments:

Jana said...

Quick or not, they're still great. :-)

Angela's Designs said...

That's a great idea.

I found a quick way to support troups. Linked to it tonight. Stop by Bill O'Reilly's quiz and take it and he'll pass on a calling card. I bet they sent a calling card even if I didn't get all the answers right. Suppose I would get them right if I had time to watch his show! LOL.

Heather said...

Thanks, Annalee! I personally can't stand O'Reilly, but that is definitely an awesome thing he is doing and you're right -- he probably sends one for every person that takes the quiz, whether they get all the answers or not.