Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Christmas in July, Part 2

Or...using up last year's scraps.

These are three of the cards done Sunday night, using bits left over from last year's cards. The red cards use leftovers from the OSW backgrounds I did last year for my cards. There were a lot of 1- and 2-inch strips leftover and I could not bring myself to throw them away, sure that I could find some use for them. Then Rox posted a SCS sketch challenge that required 1-inch border strips and it made perfect use of them. The sketch was also right for perfect plum strips leftover from the cards I made Latesha. I used craft white ink to cover them in snowflakes, then cut them down to the right lengths. The center verse is by Morning Star. The popped up snowflake on the purple card is from Holiday Tag Team (SU); the popped up holly on the red ones from Reindeer Print (SU).






No comments: