Tuesday, July 10, 2007

SC131: Baby Card for Cindy


There's a reason why you should not remove things from your designated craft area.

I spent an hour--an entire hour!--looking for my box of glue dots so I could finish this card. I knew I still had some left and distinctly remembered using them just last week. I looked in the drawers that hold all my ribbon. Not there. I looked in the drawer that holds punches and assorted fibers--which, incidentally, is the drawer it should have been in. Not there. I tore my craft area apart looking for this little green box, certain that if it wasn't in one of the drawers, it should at least be somewhere on top of the desk or bins next to it. Not there. Confident it wouldn't turn up in any of the drawers holding my stamps, I nonetheless opened one after the other, on the off chance I had stuck it somewhere by mistake. NOT THERE! Breathing a perturbed sigh, I sat back in my chair, fingers drumming against the table, wondering where the heck those silly things could be.

And then I remembered.

They were in the bedroom by the computer. Why? Because as I was addressing envelopes for July and August special occasions, one birthday card needed a bit of fixing. The monoadhesive wasn't holding the layered image down over the wide organdy ribbon beneath it, necessitating the need for glue dots.

Sure enough, that's where I found them, on my desk near the computer. As I said at the beginning of this post, there are reasons you should not remove stuff from your craft area. *sigh*

The reason I needed the glue dots was so I could finish this baby card that has been in the works a week and a half now. It's for my friend Cindy, who gave birth to a little girl, Jordanna, on June 30. Regular mono doesn't work very well on buttons; you need glue dots to make sure they stay in place. The matted image with the stork is popped up a bit for some extra dimension. It fits last week's SCS sketch challenge, SC131.

Stamps: Buggies and Booties (recently retired set by Stampin' Up)
Ink: Chocolate Chip, So Saffron, Pixie Pink
Paper: White, pink, patterned paper from the "Just Delightful" kit by Stampin' Up (a Sell-a-bration special)
Accessories: Celery grosgrain ribbon, pink buttons, pink DMC floss, dimensionals, glue dots, Le Plume pink marker

No comments: