Monday, August 13, 2007

Staying the Course

I’ve come across a couple of great blog posts on writing I can’t resist sharing, and with good reason.

First, Barbara Samuels talks about staying the course no matter how difficult the journey in a wonderful post titled, The Dark Side. It may seem irrelevant at first, but trust me--it is. Incredibly so. You’ll be hard-pressed to find a more inspirational post this week on any blog, I guarantee it.

Second, Tess Gerritsen speaks about being unabashed by romance in her reply to a reader who posed the question, “Is there an advantage to writing for a romance publisher like Harlequin? Is that a way to launch a career?” Now a best-selling thriller writer, Miss Gerritsen dispels the myths about breaking into the publishing industry while simultaneously defending the fact she started out as a romance novelist--and she does it with class.

Check them both out. I promise you'll be glad you did!


No comments: