Friday, November 30, 2007

SC152 -- Happy New Year



For this week's SCS sketch challenge. As soon as I saw this champagne paper in the DCWV Ultimate Scrapbook Kit in a Stack, I knew it was perfect for a few New Year's cards. The co-ordinating shades of blue paper (plain and patterned) are from the same paper stack.

I sponged the edges of the white scalloped circle so that it would fit in better with the different shades of blue.

Pale blue brads and white rickrack were added for embellishment, and the sentiment, stamped in craft white on blue, is popped up for dimension.

This card is also posted to my SCS gallery.


Stamps: "Happy New Year" from All Year Cheer III (Stampin' Up)
Paper: Ultimate Scrapbook Kit in a Stack (DCWV)
Ink: Craft White, Night of Navy (SU)
Accessories: Ric Rac; brads (JoAnn's); dimensional; plain and scalloped circle punches (Marvy Uchida)
Techniques: Sponging (white scalloped circle)


2 comments:

Jana said...

Ooo cool! A new year's card. I don't think I've ever seen one. Love it. Verra cool.

Heather said...

Never?? You've led a sheltered life, LOL. *wink*