Monday, February 11, 2008

Blizzard 2008

Thought I'd post a few pictures from Wednesday's blizzard. We've had a couple more inches of snow since then, and are supposed to get another 4-6 inches tonight ~ which will break the record for total snowfall in a season set back in 1978-79. I remember that year, or at least one large storm that dumped a ton of snow on the city, and cancelled school. All the snow shoveled off the sidewalks was piled in our front yard and my sisters and I, all in elementary school, tunneled out a snowfort that lasted more than a month. No forts here, or any snowmen, though there was plenty of digging out to do.












6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, you really got snowed under. Does it seem like winter is getting deeper each year?

Heather said...

Yes we did, and it's still coming! We've definitely seen more this year than in the past few seasons. In fact, the record we're going to break tonight was set during the most memorable winter of my childhood, when my sisters and I turned the entire front yard into a snowfort!

Rhonda Helms said...

HOLY COW!! I feel bad griping about the cold now...at least we haven't gotten that dump yet (knock on wood!!!).

((hugs)) stay safe and warm!!

Heather said...

LOL ~ S'okay, Rhonda! I keep trying to send some of it your way, but it keeps tracking to the north. ;-)

Melissa said...

Wow..you do have a lot of snow there! We're suppose to get 5-8 inches by tomorrow night!

Peter said...

As you "warned" me: this is quite different from the Paris weather at the moment! Let's see how things develop!