Friday, February 22, 2008

Bookstore Treasure



A couple weeks ago I purchased a few books at Frugal Muse on the west side. Upon arriving home, I discovered a bit of treasure inside two of the books, overlooked by both the original book owners and store staff. The one on the left is your typical bookmark available at any bookstore, while the one on the right is hand-stitched. I've often found forgotten receipts in books, but nothing as nice as this. Have you ever discovered something unexpected pressed between the pages of a book?


4 comments:

Jana said...

Besides pet hair and food residue???

hehehe

Kate Willoughby said...

No, but that's a cool idea for a book. Someone finds something out of the ordinary inside a used book...

Annie said...

Hi Heather,

One time I found $200.00 in a book. That was a real treat. But you know, I would have been just as happy finding that pretty stiched one you showed today.

Heather said...

Annie~ $200?? Omigosh, I think I'd faint for sure if that ever happened to me, but the only money I ever found in a book was $20 I stuck in it and forgot about until I got to the end of the book a few weeks later (it was a looong book, LOL).

Kate~ LOL, might even work as a WW short, eh? ;)