Thursday, April 10, 2008

Thursday Thirteen #54: Spring Quotes


A few quotes about spring, in hopes that they might hasten the coming of the season and push winter out the door, once and for all.


Spring is nature's way of saying, "Let's party!"
~Robin Williams

Spring makes its own statement, so loud and clear that the gardener seems to be only one of the instruments, not the composer.
~Geoffrey B. Charlesworth

Everything is blooming most recklessly; if it were voices instead of colors, there would be an unbelievable shrieking into the heart of the night.
~Rainer Maria Rilke

It's spring fever. That is what the name of it is. And when you've got it, you want -- oh, you don't quite know what it is you do want, but it just fairly makes your heart ache, you want it so!
~Mark Twain

No matter how long the winter, spring is sure to follow.
~Proverb

Spring is when you feel like whistling even with a shoe full of slush.
~Doug Larson

Science has never drummed up quite as effective a tranquilizing agent as a sunny spring day.

~W. Earl Hall

In the spring, at the end of the day, you should smell like dirt.
~Margaret Atwood

And Spring arose on the garden fair,
Like the Spirit of Love felt everywhere;
And each flower and herb on Earth's dark breast
rose from the dreams of its wintry rest.
~Percy Bysshe Shelley

In the spring I have counted one hundred and thirty-six different kinds of weather inside of four and twenty hours.
~Mark Twain

The sun was warm but the wind was chill.
You know how it is with an April day.
~Robert Frost

The first day of spring is one thing, and the first spring day is another. The difference between them is sometimes as great as a month.
~Henry Van Dyke

Spring is not the best of seasons.
Cold and flu are two good reasons;
wind and rain and other sorrow,
warm today and cold tomorrow.
~Author Unknown


Links to other Thursday Thirteens:

Ms. Menozzi * Alice Audrey * Jennifer McKenzie
Adelle Laudan * Jennifer Shirk* Kaige * Dana Belfry
Shelley Munro * Gina Ardito * Tempest Knight
Debora Dennis * Debbie Mumford * Savannah Chase
RG Alexander * Paige Tyler * Robin Rotham
Imogen Howson * Nina Pierce * Pamela * Tonni
Kathleen Oxley * Morgan St. John * Chloe Devlin
A. Catherine Noon * Aislinn Kerry * Dayle

(leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!


25 comments:

Unknown said...

What a wonderful T13! I skipped Spring and went right to Summer on mine this week LOL
Happy T13!

Heather said...

Thanks, Adelle - considering how slow spring is in arriving here, I'd love to just skip it right now and go straight to summer. I'm tired of the cold and sucky weather! lol

Anonymous said...

Better to smell like dirt than like dust bunnies.

Heather said...

Alice~ So true! LOL

Shelley Munro said...

I love spring. It's a pity it's autumn here in NZ.

Ms Menozzi said...

Lovely quotes there, I must say. I just wish I were a warm-weather person to enjoy it more... Though I confess, we had a gorgeous Monday here, and it was enough to make me smile.

(That and all the kitties I saw at play in the sunshine.)

Thanks for sharing - twas a beaut!

Ciao!

Jennifer Shirk said...

Spring is slooooow coming where I am too. But normally, I love it.
Where's the sun?? Come on, spring!

Gina Ardito aka Katherine Brandon said...

I love the Robin Williams one!

Anonymous said...

I love Robin Williams's quote too!

Anonymous said...

I love spring - what a wonderful TT! Thanks for those inpsirational quotes...makes me want to go out and garden today. :)

http://www.deboradennis.com/blog

Debbie Mumford said...

Gotta love Robin Williams!

http://debbie-mumford.blogspot.com/

Savannah Chase said...

oh this is a great T13...I really like it a lot...

Happy T13

http://www.savannahchase.com/blog

Jennifer McKenzie said...

Let's PARTY!!!!!!!!!
LOL. I love these, Heather.

R.G. ALEXANDER said...

Spring is nature's way of saying, "Let's party!"
~Robin Williams

LOL I love that

Kaige said...

Very nice TT, Heather! I love the Robin Williams quote. You can just imagine him saying that with all his enthusiasm. ;)

Happy TT!
http://impulsivehearts.wordpress.com

Heather said...

Thanks everyone!

You know what's funny about that Robin Williams' quote? I've had a stamp set for some years with that quote in it, but it wasn't until the past year that I knew who said it, as the stamp company did not credit the source.

A. Catherine Noon said...

What a great list! I love the Rilke quote and both Twains. He is a serious goofball! (I get the impression I'd've liked to meet him, though, don't you?)

Thanks for the list!

Here's my link: http://acatherinenoon.blogspot.com

Happy TT!

Unknown said...

Nice quotes. Spring is almost here now, but it's not coming quick enough!
x

Bethanne said...

i'm dying for spring.

Chloe Devlin said...

Beautiful quotes. I hope they bring spring to everyone real soon.

Chloe
chloedevlin.blogspot.com

Dana Belfry said...

Oh what a great TT, I love the quotes! Robin Williams, LOL

Anonymous said...

Fantastic quotes, Heather! I wish it were truly Spring here. We're expected to get 8 more inches of snow tonight! Thanks for checking out my blog. Again, great T13!

Kathleen Oxley said...

Some great quotes!! And also, I love how you change your TT header to match the theme of your list! Always a treat.

Robin L. Rotham said...

I wish it were spring here, sigh. We're under a winter weather advisory tonight and tomorrow.

Heather said...

Thanks again Divas!

Pamela & Robin~ Ugh! on the winter weather. There's only a slight chance of snow here, though they say if the temp had been 5-10 degrees colder here this week than it has been, we'd be looking at another foot or more ourselves. Would much rather have two inches of rain!

Kat~ Thank you! *grin* I like finding different headers, and have even made a few of my own (this isn't one of them, lol). Hmm...maybe that could be a T13 some week - an offering of headers made by moi...