Thursday, June 05, 2008

Thursday Thirteen #62: Music


New music I'm digging -- click on the links for the videos!

DON'T YOU EVAH by Spoon (Fun summer song.)

MERCY by Duffy (A can't-sit-still-while-listening-to-it-song. Used to promo the final few episodes of a couple programs this spring, including "Moonlight.")

I'M YOURS by Jason Mraz (Can't seem to get this catchy tune out of my head lately!)

VIOLET HILL by Cold Play

I WILL POSSESS YOUR HEART by Death Cab For Cutie (Or, as I often refer to it, The Stalker Song. Honestly, I love the infectious bass line and the catchy refrain of this song, but seriously -- have you listened to the lyrics? It sounds like a stalker's anthem!)

SWEET and LOW by Augustana

DREAM CATCH ME by Newton Faulkner

ALWAYS A FRIEND by Alejandro Escovedo (With Bruce Springsteen)

STAYING WITH ME by Los lonely Boys

FALLING IN LOVE AT A COFFEE SHOP by Landon Pigg (You may recognize this one from the "A Diamond is Forever" commercial.)

NEW SOUL by Yael Naim(Also used in a commercial, this one for Apple Macbook)

YOU CAN'T COUNT ON ME by Counting Crows

DIRTY CITY by Steve Winwood

BONUS:
LOVE IS FREE by Sheryl Crow (Wish I could have gone to this concert Wednesday night!)

WHERE DO I BEGIN by Idina Menzel (Performed at the National Memorial Day Concert in Washington, DC -- I Dare you to listen to it with dry eyes!)


Links to other Thursday Thirteens:

Adelle Laudan * Alice Audrey * Tempest Knight
Ms Menozzi * Savannah Chase * Darla
Shelley Munro * Debora Dennis * Jennifer McKenzie
December * Gwen Mitchell * Nina Pierce
Paige Tyler * Jana * Lia Morgan * Ivette * Janice

(leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!


19 comments:

Anonymous said...

Quite a variety you have going there.

Mine is here: http://aliceaudrey.wordpress.com/2008/06/04/thursday-thirteen-30-fimo-clay-beads/

Heather said...

Yup! Definitely an eclectic mix, but with the exception of Idina Menzel, they are all currently playing on my fave local radio station. It can be a little challenging getting any work done when you're singing along all day, too! *g*

Ms Menozzi said...

Wow, I don't think I've heard any of these... It's time to do some searching online, I think.

Happy TT!

Ciao!

Savannah Chase said...

oh some great tunes, some i have to check them out, i love listening to new things

T13
http://savannahchase.com/2008/06/05/thursday-13-for-june-52008/

Shelley Munro said...

Mercy and New Soul are really catchy and get under your skin. I like the new Cold Play song too. I have that one on my ipod.

Darla said...

Interesting mix, and several I hadn't heard before--thanks for introducing them to me!

Unknown said...

I'm going to have to check these out, the only one I'm familiar with is Sheryl Crow, and I LOVE her!
Thanks for the heads up.
Happy T13!

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah - some great tunes that I now can't get out of my head know! I love the Los Lonely Boys too!

http://www.deboradennis.com/blog

Jennifer McKenzie said...

How funny. I just did thirteen YouTube videos I've favorited.
I have more now. LOL.
Great list.

December said...

GREAT Stuff!!

Anonymous said...

Hmm... I don't know any of these bands - except for Counting Crows. Scary, isn't it? I gotta check them out!

Jana said...

If I were into downloading songs from the 'net, I'd do it just to hear these. Maybe it's time I "get with the times" or whatever. hehehehe

And thanks. Now I have "New Soul" rattling around in my head. LOL

Heather said...

Ms Menozzi~ GMTA this week, eh? You probably know more on my list than I do yours though. *wink*

Savannah~ Thanks, I hope you find a few new ones you love!

Shelley~ Aren't they?! Once you get them into your head they're hard to get out. Much better than getting a song you don't like stuck in your head!

Darla~ You're welcome - and thank you for visiting and checking them out.

Adelle~ Have fun checking them out! I love Sheryl Crow too and so wish I could have gone to last night's concert. Love what I've heard of her new CD so far.

Heather said...

Debora~ Sorry! LOL - I am not responsible for any song stuck in someone's head, or the sudden urge to buy new music. *WEG*

Jennifer~ GMTA! Will definitely be checking yours out.

Thanks December!

Tempest~ S'okay - there have been a few diva music TTs where I've not recognized any of the artists either. All a matter of taste, I guess. *g*

Jana~ Mwahahaha... Sorry to put that song in your head. Seriously, though - if you view no others, at least check out the Idina Menzel. I think you'll love that one.

Paige Tyler said...

I've never heard of any of those! LOL!

*hugs*
Paige

My TT is at http://paigetylertheauthor.blogspot.com/

Heather said...

Paige~ Wow! Not even the three used in commercials? I hope you find one or two you like!

Phoebe Jordan said...

Happy Thursday 13! Love the list and I going to have to check out those music videos when I have more time. Hope to see you at my 4th edition about Kerrelyn Sparks at Talk About My Favorite Authors blog.

Nina Pierce said...

I must admit, I'm not much of a music nut. I only heard about one of those songs before and only two of the artists. I'm such a music looser! ;)

Heather said...

Ivette~ Thank you. I hope you like the songs you check out!

Nina~ *Gasp* Not a music person?? I couldn't imagine life without music.