Saturday, December 20, 2008

Blue Snowman

There is more than enough snow outside for building snowmen or snow forts following yesterday's storm. Already over 20 inches for the season, we added another 10.3 inches to the total in our area, plus another two and a half inches this afternoon/evening. And nope, we're not done yet. While there is the possibility of more snow Sunday and Tuesday, the real story tomorrow will be the frigid temps with 19-29 below zero windchills. I am SO glad I do not have to go out tomorrow. I can just hole up inside, watch holiday movies, and make Christmas goodies all day long--fudge, chocolate cherry clusters, Chinese chews... Yum! My sister and niece were baking four different types of Christmas cookies yesterday and today, so I am getting some of theirs, and they will get some of mine.

Braved the mall today to finish a bit of shopping before Christmas. What a nightmare! The mall parking lot is bad enough this time of year without an additional foot of snow adding to the fun. Not to mention those drivers who decided NOT to obey easily visible stop signs. And when someone in the right-hand lane actually stopped, people behind them would go around in the left lane as if that sign only applied to drivers in the right lane. Umm...wrong. Guess again. Thankfully, though there were a few near misses, no accidents occurred while I was there. We did, however, see one on the Beltline coming home. Yeah, that was a big surprise. Not.

Needless to say, I was relieved to escape the mayhem and return home--and with good timing too, as the snow started to fall again as a friend and I left our final stop. After putting a few groceries away and eating an early dinner (I missed lunch), I slipped into some warm pajamas, despite it only being mid-afternoon, and wrapped presents while watching a couple different versions of "A Christmas Carol," compliments of TCM. Now, I'm thinking of logging off and finishing the Christmas book I started the other day. I might be finished already were the cover not so distracting. *grin*



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brrrrr. I wish I still had a fireplace to curl up in front of.

Heather said...

Ohh...that would be nice. Guess the Christmas tree will have to do. ;)