Friday, February 20, 2009

Souvenirs

Since I have absolutely nothing else to post today (unless you really want to here me bitch about the damn wrestle mania going on over my head last night), I thought I'd participate in this week's Friday 5, something I rarely do 'cause their questions are usually too darn hard. This week's...piece of cake, even if it has been eight years since I've had a vacation.


1. When you travel, what kinds of souvenirs do you like to bring home for yourself?
Post cards and a magnet or two from someplace visited. For example, I have an alligator that says Reptile Gardens, a covered bridge from a tour in Ohio, and a magnolia from visiting my sister when she lived in Louisiana. Friends occasionally add to the collection from places they've been as well.

2. Is there a certain kind of souvenir you always bring back for a particular someone?
Whenever my sister or a friend or I go anywhere new, we always bring a spoon back for my mom.

3. Of the souvenirs you’ve collected from your travels, what are some that have special meaning for you?
A soapstone gargoyle bought near Le Cathedral de Notre Dame, Paris; and a set of windchimes from the Petrified Forest, Black Hills, South Dakota. Other than that, I've never really bought anything for myself on trips other than what was mentioned in question number one.

4. What’s the silliest souvenir you’ve brought back for yourself, or what’s the silliest souvenir someone has brought back for you?
I guess that would be the gargoyle. *grin*

5. If you were going to send someone a souvenir from places you visited today, what might it be?
Depends on the individual and place visited. Definitely a spoon for Mom, probably a t-shirt for my youngest niece. Other than that, probably just a postcard to rub in the fact that I was there and they were not. *WEG*



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love collecting spoons for my rack :)