Friday, July 03, 2009

Stars and Stripes Forever

The sketch challenge at SCS this week, SC235, was to use nine small panels with the same shape and size and nothing larger than the panels on top of those nine. The panels could be any shape, though most chose to use circles or squares, and there were a lot of stars and butterflies used this week. Here are the two I came up with. For the first, I had these stars punched to use on another card made last week, but then didn't like how they looked, so they were just sitting on my craft table. As soon as I sat down with this sketch, I knew I was going to use those stars, and managed to whip this card up in about fifteen minutes. That's probably the fastest I've ever had a card come together!



Stamps: None
Paper: Wausau Papers; Designer scrap (source unknown)
Ink: None
Accessories: Star punch (EK Success), 1-1/4" circle punch (EK Success), Brads (Making Memories)



While searching for red brads to use on the above card, I came across a sheet of patriotic hypoxy stickers. I had used one or two off the sheet a year ago, and no more. As soon as I looked at them, I knew there was another card in the making for this sketch. This one took all of about ten minutes.



Stamps: None
Paper: Wausau Papers (navy blue)
Ink: None
Accessories: Patriotic Hypoxy Stickers (Source unknown)


For more cool designs using this sketch, check out the SC235 gallery.



No comments: