Friday, October 30, 2009

Friday 5: At the Movies

Hello, and welcome to this week’s Friday 5!

1. What’s your favorite sports movie?
Oooh...tough one. So many great movies I could name -- Miracle, Eight Men Out, Field of Dreams...but I think my favorite is A League of Their Own.


2. What’s your favorite romantic comedy film?
Again, so many titles come to mind. Speechless, Sleepless in Seattle, You've Got Mail, When Harry Met Sally... I think at top of the heap, though, would be While You Were Sleeping.


3. What’s your favorite animated Disney movie?
That's a tie between Mulan and Cinderella. I love them both!


4. What’s your favorite non-Disney movie musical?
Non-Disney? There is such a thing?? Just... Kidding! Umm...lemme think a second... Seven Brides for Seven Brothers. Carousel. The Music Man. No... Let's go with The Sound of Music.


5. What’s your favorite stranger-in-a-strange-land / fish-out-of-water movie?
This is the easiest question yet: French Kiss. The soundtrack is awesome, too!




Thanks for participating and have a celluloid weekend!


3 comments:

Jana said...

Hands down, League of Their Own is my fave sports movie, too. :-) Basically love all the movies listed here except for the handful I haven't seen. lol

Latesha said...

Hmm, these are tough queestions, especially since we both know I don't watch a lot of movies. But I'll give it a try.

1. What’s your favorite sports movie?
Brian's Song, although I don't know if you can call it a sports movie.

2. What’s your favorite romantic comedy film?
When Harry Met Sally sounds like a winner to me.

3. What’s your favorite animated Disney movie?
I'm so torn with this one, but it's a toss-up between Lady & the Tramp and Sleeping Beauty.

4. What’s your favorite non-Disney movie musical?
Seven Brides for Seven Brothers with the The King & I a close second.

5. What’s your favorite stranger-in-a-strange-land / fish-out-of-water movie?
Hmm, I have no idea.

Heather said...

Jana - LOL, I note you didn't admit which you've not seen.

Latesha - Good movie picks, thanks for playing along!