Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Teaser Tuesday 6: Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban



Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

* Grab your current read
* Open to a random page
* Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
* BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
* Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


He bent over his trunk again, but almost immediately stood up once more, his hand clenched on his wand. He had sensed rather than heard it: Someone or something was standing in the narrow gap between the garage and the fence behind him. Harry squinted at the bleak alleyway. If only it would move, then he'd know whether it was just a stray cat—or something else.
~Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
By J.K. Rowling






21 comments:

Cecelia said...

Oh, I love this book! Great teaser!

You can check out mine here.

Missy B. said...

Ooooh, what is it???

Good teaser!!

Jo-Jo said...

I haven't read all of the Harry Potter books, but I sure do enjoy the movies. My teaser is here.

Heather said...

Celia - Looks like we were visiting each other at the same time! I'm about half way through this one - good, but feel it could have used some tighter editing.

Missy - Hehe...that's the mystery, isn't it? *VBG*

Jo-Jo - I have not read the rest of the series yet, either, but have enjoyed the movies.

Anonymous said...

Good teaser. I love this series.

Kim said...

OH, I LOVED the Harry Potter books and the Harry hype. Such an amazing thing to have adults and children of all ages reading together. The movies don't even come close to the books.

Thanks for stopping by Austenland.

Heather G. said...

I love this whole series and the third book is one of my faves! Great teaser!

kayerj said...

oh scary! This volume was my favorite Harry Potter Book. thanks for stopping by today.

Heather said...

Carol - Thank you!

Kim - This series was definitely magic, for both getting kids and adults to read together, and for just plain getting kids interested in reading. The first two movies seemed fairly close to the actual books, but I have to admit (and bear in mind I'm only half way through) I like the "editing" done on the script for the third movie. IMO, the movie is tighter and more suspenseful.

Heather - It's weird, but while I sped through the first two, I've had a harder time getting into this one. I remember writer friends saying they felt some of the books could have used tighter editing, and I am seeing it here.

Heather said...

Kaye - Thanks, and thank YOU for stopping by as well!

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Great! My granddaughter has been reading all these books.

My tease is http://laurel-rain-snow.blogspot.com

Angie said...

I haven't read this one yet and now I can't wait to! :) Great teaser!

Jennifer said...

I adore Harry Potter. Mine is here: http://www.rundpinne.com/2009/10/coppola-pediatric-surgeon-in-iraq.html

Alice Audrey said...

LOL.

Looks like they sucked you in just like they did me.

Heather said...

Laurel - I hope your granddaughter is enjoying the series!

Angie - Happy to have piqued your curiosity! *G*

Jennifer - Excellent books, aren't they?

Heather said...

Alice - Yeah.... I was wondering if you'd see this post. LOL It's all your fault, you know!

Anonymous said...

What a great teaser! It's perfect. Even though I've read the book this makes me want to pick it up again!

Anonymous said...

I love this book! But it's been so long since I've read it, I don't remember what's waiting out there for him. I guess I'll have to read it again!

Here's my Teaser Tuesday.

Heather said...

Thanks, KT and Alita! *VBG*

Alice Audrey said...

LOL. Yeah, I don't mind taking the blame. Just let me know when you get to the very end.

Anonymous said...

This one was my wife's favorite of the series.