Friday, November 27, 2009

The Most Wonderful Time of the Year...For Reading



There's no better time of the year for snuggling in with a good book or two, and yesterday kicked off the 2009 Christmas Reading Challenge. The object of the challenge is to read at least three Christmas-themed books bwtween now and end of the year. I have a towering pile of such books and just found seven more in my stash Tuesday, bringing the current total to 42, several of them anthologies. Obviously, I am not getting through that many books in thirty days. My goal is 5 to 10, a fairly reasonable number don't you think? And these are all off the TBR pile; I have bought no new Christmas books this year.

I decided to start with Greg Kinkaid's A Dog Named Christmas, after seeing that the Hallmark movie will be airing on CBS this Sunday night Nov 29). I am a bit over halfway through so far. It's a good, fast read, something families could read together. Up next will be He Sees You When You're Sleeping by Mary Higgins Clark and Carol Higgins Clark. That one has been lingering in the TBR a couple years now.

Back to the reading!



No comments: