Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Get Up and MOVE!

Found this great 3-minute mini-walk video a few weeks ago and yes, I have actually used it a couple times at work (when no one else is around, of course). I have Leslie Sansone's "5-Day Slim Down" walking DVD and love it. Of course, it would probably be more beneficial if I used it more often than I do. Walking DVDs are especially nice for those of us in northern climes who can't always get outside for a walk.

What are you waiting for? Get up and MOVE!







5 comments:

Jana said...

Or for those of us who're too self-concious to go walking outside where *gasp* people might see them?? hehehe

I've been meaning to get one of these DVD's for years now and just never have. Mostly because the last few times I spent money on such DVD's they'd end up in the donation pile whenever I cleaned out stuff around the house. Some of them still sporting their cellophane wrappers. *blush*

And, for a while I used to work out with Denise Austin when she came on Lifetime in the mornings. I'd tape those and do the workouts when I got home from work.

I just thank God that no one ever witnessed me actually DOING those exercises. Talk about traumatic! LOL

Alice Audrey said...

That was great! Thanks. I feel better now.

Heather said...

Jana ~ See if the linrary has one of her DVDs you can borrow. Friends turned me on to these (Sansone has a gagillion), and they really are great. I only have a straight 5-mile walk one (she breaks it down by mile, so you can do 1, 2, 3, 4 or the whole 5), but she also has some that use light weights and balanace balls, etc.

Heather said...

Alice ~ Did you really try it, or are you just saying that to placate me? *G*

Jana said...

Just checked...they have several at the surrounding public libraries but none at mine. :( I suppose I could go to the county public...ugh.