Friday, January 07, 2011

Christmas Spirit Round-up



Again this year I participated in the Christmas Spirit Reading Challenge. The challenge ran from Nov 26, 2010 through Jan 6, 2011 (Epiphany). Though I did not get near as many books read as hoped (my goal was ten), I did complete eight Christmas-themed books by yesterday:


1. A Little Yuletide Murder by Donald Bain
2. A Cop in Her Stocking by Ann Voss Peterson
3. Better Naughty Than Nice by Vicki Lewis Thompson, Jill Shalvis and Rhonda Nelson
4. The Christmas Train by David Baldacci
5. On Santa's Naughty List by Lacey Alexander/Shelby Reed/Melani Blazer
6. A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens
7. Tidings of Great Joy by Sandra Brown
8. Silent Night by Mary Higgins Clark




8 comments:

Jana said...

I've actually read one of these! Read "Silent Night" a couple of Christmases ago and really enjoyed. :)

Yay for almost making your goal!

Heather said...

Jana, I saw that we had that book in common on our GR shelves. It was pretty good. A nice, quick read in any case. *G*

Alice Audrey said...

I had no idea there were so many murderous Christmas books out there. I should trust you to find them. For some reason when you first mentioned this challenge I visualized children's books.

Heather said...

Alice: Yup, there are a TON of "murderous" Christmas books out there. Harl Int has a bunch out every year, and MHC and daughter seem to have several as well. Also, holidays of any sort seem popular in the cozy department.

And of course I would find them. *VBG*

Michelle Stockard Miller said...

Wow...8 books! I'm impressed. Great job, Heather! Thanks so much for participating in my challenge. I will be hosting it again next year and I hope you will join me. Happy New Year!

Shelley Munro said...

This sounds like a fun challenge. I always mean to read some Christmas themed stories at the appropriate time and never get organized. I'll actually have a Christmas story out at this coming Christmas. I've wanted to write a Christmas story for ages. At least I managed that. :)

Heather said...

Michelle: Thank you. You can definitely count on me for a third year in a row--I still have a lot of Christmas books to get through, and the challenge has really helps pare that number down.

Shelley: How cool to have a Christmas book out the end of this year. Yay you! *g*

Alice Audrey said...

LOL. You do have a nose of interesting cozies.