Sunday, January 08, 2012

Winter Moonlight

Winter Moonlight was one of the larger, more time-intensive projects stitched as a Christmas gift in 2011. It was a ten-week process, which I documented as I went along.


WEEK TWO:
I started with front of the house and sailboat mast in center, then worked my way down to bottom and over to the left corner.





WEEK 4:
The sky wasn't as difficult to stitch as it might look, just tedious. Extremely tedious! In fact, the decorated tree was more of a pain than that large expanse of sky.




WEEK 6:
I had to swtich over to work on some of the house and bottom right fence post for a while, before returning to finish the sky.




WEEK 8:
House, large dove and fence take shape.




WEEK 10:
The final week was spent backstitching birds, fence and large sailboat rigging, then matting and framing.




I think they liked it...



6 comments:

Alice Audrey said...

It clearly took a lot of work. I think I'd go nuts on the boring sky part.

Jana said...

Wow! This is gorgeous, Trixie! I'm sure your friends were enthralled with it.

Heather said...

Alice: I think I nearly did go nuts with that section. Most of it was done during one of our NCIS marathon weekends, so it also helped to just set it aside for a break now and then, or to switch over and work on something different.

Jana: Thank you. I wish I'd been a bit quicker on the camera button so as to capture the look on K's face when she unwrapped it. *g*

kayerj said...

I'm impressed.

Heather said...

Thanks, Kaye!

Julie said...

This is GORGEOUS! Great work!