Friday, February 03, 2012

Random Photo: Walking


I took advantage of the unusually warm weather Tuesday (it was 50 degrees here--in January!) and went for a long walk. Between the temp and wind, there was a lot of melting going on, which made for some rather tricky navigating at times. There were some more shaded sections of the sidewalk that were still icy, while others were under two inches of water. And crossing the streets? There was one corner where I was forced to cross to the other side of the street as I could not access the other corner without swimming jumping a two-foot moat. With temps in the mid-30s to 40s all week, there is hardly any snow left--not that we had much to begin with. This is not the warmest or least snowiest winter we've ever had, but it is sure to rank in the top ten.



2 comments:

Shelley Munro said...

I'm so glad we don't get snow. Navigating icy snow is not fun. I'd rather have our rain!

Jana said...

It's been so warm here the past several weeks that the daffodils are blooming. The Japanese Magnolia on campus is blooming, as well. And my yard could almost use a mow.

I've seriously loved the low electric bills the past two months but it feels weird, not having to wear fleecy pj's and heavy coats. lol

Glad you navigated your walk without any mishaps!