Monday, March 26, 2012

Teaser Tuesday 125: Stitch Me Deadly

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

* Grab your current book or recent read.
* Share a few “teaser” sentences from somewhere in the book.
* BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (Make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away. You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
* Share the title and author so that other participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teaser!


Have just started Stitch Me Deadly by Amanda Lee (aka Gayle Trent), book two of her "embroidery" mystery series. I am only about 50 pages in, so this teaser is from early in the novel.



She leaned forward as if to retrieve her tea and collapsed onto the floor.

I dropped to my knees beside her.

(pg 4)






ABOUT THE BOOK:
Book 1: The Quick and the Thread (2011)
Book 2: Stitch Me Deadly (2011)
Book 3: Thread Reckoning (2011)
Book 4: The Long Stitch Goodnight (2012)

Marcy [Singer] is the proud owner of the Seven year Stitch, an embroidery specialty shop in the sweet small town of Tallulah Falls, Oregon. Her best friend, Sadie, owns the coffee shop down the street, and her Irish wolfhound, Angus, is practically the shop’s mascot. But trouble strikes when an elderly woman brings an antique piece of embroidery to Marcy. . .and promptly dies of unnatural causes.

Marcy is convinced that the antique sampler holds a clue to an even older crime and that somebody may have killed to hide it. Now it’s up to Marcy and her pals—two-legged and four-legged—to unravel this mystery.



19 comments:

Shelley Munro said...

That's not the sort of thing you want to happen during a nice cup of tea. I love the titles from this series. They're very clever.

Tania. F. Walsh said...

Oh no... did she die? Great suspense...

Heather said...

Shelley: No, not the sort of thing you'd want to happen any time. I also like the clever titles in this series.

Tania: Ah, ah, ah...that would be telling. ;-D

Beth said...

What happened!? My teaser comes from The Three Musketeers.

Irish said...

Hopefully the tea wasn't poisoned! Fun teaser...thanks for sharing.

My Teaser is here.

Heather said...

Beth: Ah, that is the question, isn't it? *g*

Irish: One can only hope. *VBG*

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Wow! I read the first book in the series awhile back, so now I must read this one! I really enjoyed The Quick and the Thread.

Thanks for reminding me that there are more books in this series.

Here's MY TUESDAY MEMES POST

Heather said...

Laurel-Rain: Happy to remind you about this series. I missed book three when it came out, and now book four will be out next week. It can be a bit difficult keeping up with series!

Alice Audrey said...

Talk about a cozy! All this sweet hearth and home mixed in with murder. Interesting.

Sandra Nachlinger said...

Love your teaser! This sounds like a book I'd love for so many reasons: I enjoy cozies, I live in the Pacific Northwest, and embroidery is one of my crafts!
Thanks for posting a comment on my I.O.U. Sex blog.

Anonymous said...

An intriguing teaser!

http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/03/teaser-tuesday_27.html

Heather said...

Alice: The very best ingredients in a cozy! : )

Sandy: I tried and did not care for Monica Ferris' needlework series, so am glad I like this one. Would love to visit the Pacific Northwest sometimes!

Trib: Thank you! *G*

Michael @ The Bookshelf Review said...

Awesome teaser. Makes me want to see why she collapsed and what happens to her. =] Thanks for visiting my teaser. =]
-Michael
My Teaser

Heather said...

Thanks, Michael! Really liked your teaser this week.

Karen Harrington said...

Who knew there was so much suspense in embroidery!

Heather said...

Karen: Indeed, needlework can be quite suspenseful, particularly from the very first stitch to that point it finally looks like something. ;-)

Sidne said...

OH my. This is a series that sounds interesting. new follower.
http://sidnereading.blogspot.com

Jan said...

This series looks very good, will definitely have to check them out. Thanks for sharing.

Heather said...

Sidne: Thank you, and thanks for following!

Janet Ruth: So far I have enjoyed this series. Hope you do check it out!