Friday, June 15, 2012

random Photo: Pink Shrub Roses




All the flowers in bloom is about the only thing I am liking about June so far. First the computer gets zapped during a power outage. A friend says he can look at it, but they are out of town until next Tuesday, so I won't have my computer back until a week from today, at the earliest. I still need to find a new apartment before end of July, and I almost got hit by an inattentive driver Tuesday night.

I was only three blocks into my 2-1/5 mile walk, at a T-intersection where east-west traffic (ME!) has the right of way, traffic coming from the south has to stop. Stupis driver looked west (her left), then started to turn east (her right) while still looking left. She never even looked in my direction--then had the nerve to glare at me as she sped off. Good thing at least one of us was watching, and that I have fast reflexes. I managed to jump back just in time, but wish I could have gotten the camera out fast enough to snap her license plate. There are kids that walk down past there all the time who might not have been so lucky.

About the only "advantage" to not having a computer, and not having cable during the months of reruns and stupid reality crap on TV is that I have done a lot of reading the past two weeks. More than double what I usually do. With temps expected near 90 again this weekend, it's a safe bet I'll finish at least one book over the weekend, if not two.

Have a good one!



4 comments:

Lea said...

Lovely roses!
Thanks for your visit and comment on my blog.
Have a great week-end!
Lea
Lea's Menagerie

Heather said...

Thanks, Lea!

Jana said...

Ack!

So glad you didn't become roadkill. Some people...I just don't know. It's like they're off in their own little world, completely unaware that other people even exist. *shakes head*

Hope your friend can save your computer.

Love the roses, too!

Heather said...

Jana: I know, right? Being in a rush to get home (or to get anywhere, for that matter) is no excuse for almost causing an accident. 'Cause if you think you were late before, how late do ya think you're going to be if you hit someone? Uh-huh...

Glad you like the roses. Sadly, the heat and humiduty means most roses are on the wane here--won't see many blooms now until late August.