Sunday, December 16, 2012

2012 Christmas Cards -- part 1

Here are a few of the Christmas cards made for this year. A "clean and simple" (CAS) design that made these pretty easy to whip up.

I started by stamping the snowflakes on strips of craft cardstock in navy ink, then punched them out with a one-inch punch. The inchies are popped up using dimensionals.
 




After punching out the squares, I set them aside for a bit. I took one-inch wide scraps of patterned paper and carefully folded the ends so I could snip off a triangle on each end for the ribbon effect. You have to be careful here not to crease the strip of paper down the center. These were then adhered just above the mid-section of the card. Above that, and off to the left side of the card, I then stamped the greeting, and adhered an inchie snowflake to the right, as pictured.



Next, I stamped a snowflake border about an inch above the card bottom, and then stamped coordinating greetings inside. I made about 60 cards, working on them while watching movies or television, in one week.



Unfortunately, I did not punch enough of the snowflake inchies and had loaned by one-inch square punch to a friend, so was forced to come up with a substitute. Digging through leftovers from past Christmas cards, I found some dimensional stickers.




I also used a different border stamp (from the same set), as the snowflakes just didn't seem to work with the ornaments and presents.



I also used a few diecuts on some cards. They were especially perfect for the few kids on my Christmas card list.



I also used this design to make one Chanukah/Hanukkah card for family friends.





SUPPLIES:

Stamps: Snowflake/Menorah (Hero Arts), Snowflake border/Santa & Sleigh/Scrollwork (Recollections), Greeting (Clear and Simple)
Paper: Craft (Recollections), Patterned Scraps (DCWV)
Ink: Cajun Craze, Elegant Eggplant, Not Quite Navy (Stampin' Up)
Accessories: Dimensionsals, One-inch square punch (Marvy), brads, diecuts (Current Inc), dimensional stickers (Mary Engelbreit)





4 comments:

Jana said...

Love all of these. So pretty and elegant. :)

Great improvisations on the non-snowflake ones. Takes real talent to come up with something so pretty on the fly like that.

Heather said...

Thanks, Jana! I'm glad I had some "leftovers" I could use in a pinch. Next time I'll have to make sure I punch plenty of "extras" just in case. It's not like I can't use them on "other" projects, right? :D

Alice Audrey said...

The one you sent me is prettier. I love it.

Heather said...

I did label this as part 1. ;-D