Monday, December 03, 2012

Teaser Tuesday 154: Night's Darkest Embrace

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

* Grab your current book or recent read.
* Share a few "teaser" sentences from somewhere in the book.
* BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (Make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away. You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
* Share the title and author so that other participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teaser!


Have just finished the novella Night's Darkest Embrace by Jeaniene Frost, a short paranormal romance set in the demonic realm of Nocturna. This was a good, quick read--and a steamy one at that. Here's a short teaser:



. . . I stroked his arm with one hand while I surreptitiously dipped the other one into my gun belt. He brushed aside the hair on the back of my neck with his mouth, tracing his tongue into the sensitive dip there. Erotic tremors broke out across my skin, increasing when he breathed my name into the same spot with a voice gone scratchy from desire.




ABOUT THE BOOK:

Enter the dark realm of Nocturna in Jeaniene Frost’s red-hot tale, where blisteringly sexy Raphael dominates the demons of a lawless dimension and tries to help a beautiful young woman avenge her cousin’s disappearance. Mara is a 1/4 Partial demon. Raphael, ruler of Nocturna, is reported to be a 3/4 Partial . . . but what dark secrets is he keeping from her?

Note: This novella originally appeared in the anthology Haunted by Your Touch. This is a steamy paranormal romance not for the faint of heart.





19 comments:

Alice Audrey said...

Oooo, sex and guns. My kind of combo.

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

I do like the sound of this....I've been meaning to read this author!

Here's MY TUESDAY MEMES POST

Heather said...

Alice: LOL...I thought it might be.

Laurel-Rain: This was a good, short stand-alone story, which might make it an ideal first read -- though I particularly like her Cat & Bones books.

Beth F said...

Where's my fan? Ha.

Heather said...

Beth F: ROFL...you should read chapter eight. ;-D

Leigh Ann said...

Oh I've never read anything by this author! Sounds good! Here's mine: Teaser Tuesday I thought I was already following your blog but I guess I wasn't, I am now though! :)

Kar.- said...

Wow! Great teaser! sexy and intense!
I haven't read anything by this author, maybe I'll pick something up soon :)

Check out my teaser if you like: HERE

Thanks for sharing
I'm a new follower :)

Kar.-

JezzebellJC said...

I am a Cat and Bones fan so I love Jeanine Frost. Great tease! New Follower :D

My TT.

Alice Audrey said...

You know me well.

Gigi Ann said...

WOW... I thought I was through with hot flashes... I'm off for a cold shower... ; )

Thanks for the visit today.

Heather said...

Leigh Ann: If you like paranormal romances featuring vampires and demons, you will definitely want to check out this author. She has quite a backlist by now, and I can't wait for new books in 2013. Thanks for visiting and following! :)

Heather said...

Kar. What I said to Leigh Ann (grin). Thanks for stopping by and following!

Jaclyn: Yay, another Jeaniene Frost fan! This was an entirely different world than Cat and Bones inhabit, but just as intriguing.

Heather said...

Alice: LOL...some days I'm not sure if that's good or bad. *VBG* I think Paige and Shelley would like this as well.

Gigi Ann: ROFL...nothing like a little heat, eh? : D

Paige Tyler said...

It does sound up my alley!

Thanks!

*hugs*
Paige

Yvonne said...

Sounds good - I've heard alot about this author but haven't read her.

Nise' said...

Great teaser. I need to read this author!

Shelley Munro said...

Ooh, I haven't read this one yet. I can't wait to read more Cat and Bones stories, but this one sounds great too.

Heather said...

Paige: I thought it might appeal. ;-D

Yvonne: A friend and I discovered this author through an anthology she did with Charlaine Harris--and quickly sought out every book we could find. *g*

Heather said...

Nise': Thank you -- and yes, you do. *G*

Shelley: Being a novella released in ebook format, it's pretty reasonably priced. Would love to read more set in this world!