Monday, January 07, 2013

Noah's Ark 2012

I have a friend who loves and collects Noah's Ark. It has become a fun treasure hunt to find different items to add to her collection. Last fall I happened across a book marked way down on clearance that features Noah's Ark and animals in three different styles. Here are some of those stitched for 2012. I made cording out of DMC floss for hanging them.


Bears:



Chimps:



I had to do the cording for the skunks a bit different than the rest. I didn't like how long and narrow the skunks were when completed. I was wondering what to do about them, and decided to try cutting them in half, then having one hand down below the other. Excellent idea and look, if I do say so myself!



This was a double win, as she also loves tigers.



These porcupines are so cute, I think I need to make a pair to keep.



This one went to another friend, who likes panda bears:



And the raccoons I kept for myself:








4 comments:

Elizabeth Edwards said...

so cute. i really enjoy the porcupines. ( :

Heather said...

Thanks, Beth. I am definitely going to have to stitch them again for myself. *g*

Alice Audrey said...

The raccoons sand tigers are adorable.

Heather said...

Thanks, Alice -- those are two of my favorites. Plus the porcupines. *g*