Thursday, January 24, 2013

Skywatch Friday 20

View from the front window looking southwest, Saturday, January 19. An Arctic blast was moving in, forcing fast-moving clouds ahead of it from the northwest towards the east/southeast . . .













And these are from the following day, Sunday. I'm sure the sky looked even more dramatic from outside, but. . .well--I think the term "Arctic blast" should clue you in as to how cold it has been since Saturday night. I have not set foot outside unless it was absolutely necessary (ie: going to work).













8 comments:

Shelley Munro said...

It might be cold but the trees look striking against the sky. I might add I'm sitting here sweltering even though it's almost six in the evening.

NatureFootstep said...

we have cold and clear skies too. Looks like yours.

Heather said...

Shelley: Thanks! They say we should rise above freezing - briefly - over the weekend, then it's back to freezing temps again. Certainly doesn't make you want to leave the house, lol. I've heard about the extreme heat across New Zealand and Australia. Crazy!

Heather said...

Thanks, Jim!

NatureFootstep: Seems to be the story across a good portion of the USA, Canada and Europe. Will be nice to be up around 40F again!

Linda said...

Beautiful pictures! Isn't it amazing how much variety we can get from the sky?

Alice Audrey said...

If you hadn't said something, I couldn't tell these were taken from indoors.

Heather said...

Linda: It is indeed--though there wasn't much to see out that same window today. Nothing but low clouds and rain and fog. Blech!

Heather said...

Thanks, Alice! That's actually one of the things I love about my camera--how well it takes pics through glass. There are days it comes in handy!