Sunday, February 10, 2013

{Birthday Sentiments} card set

This is a set of ten birthday cards made for my own use. The stamps are a clear set I have not used much and are from one of my favorite companies, Inkadinkado. I tried to use coordinating paper scraps with a vintage look for these cards. Most of the images are popped up with dimensionals. The colors and style make them ideal for male or female, and though some are similar, they are all different. Click on any photo for a better view.










This is my least favorite image in the set. It is larger than the others, taking up most of the card front. I'm thinking it might work better with a tall, skinny card -- might have to play around with that . . .





Three of the cards side by side.



MATERIALS

Stamps: Birthday Sentiments (Inkadinkado)
Paper: Wausaus Paper (white), DCWV (some designer paper), Assorted paper scraps
Ink: Basic Black (Stampin' Up)
Accessories: Brads, Dimensionals, Scalloped Edge border punch (Stampin' Up), Unknown border punch*


* I have no idea how I acquired this punch...whether a friend gave it to me as a gift or I purchased it on my own. There is no company name on the punch, which is unusual, and is making it difficult for me to find the name of the punch. I am fairly certain it is not from Stampin' Up, as their name is printed prominently on other punches I have by them. I do not think it is by Fiskars, as their name is on other products of their I own. It does not look like a Martha Stewart. Hindsight being what it is, I should have checked for company/product name when i opened it, and made my own label when I found none on it.



The unidentified border punch



7 comments:

Shelley Munro said...

I prefer the smaller stamps too. They elongate the cards. Nice cards for the males.

Heather said...

Thanks, Shelley! I meant to try that large stamp on a longer card today while I had stuff out, but just didn't get to it. As is I finished at least a dozen cards today -- some of which will post on Monday.

Alice Audrey said...

These are interesting. Rather masculine in the earth tones.

Heather said...

Alice: Definitely suitable for the guys I know, but for many of the females in my life as well. Some women just aren't suited to pastels and flowers.

Heather said...

Umm, BTW, did you see the post below this one, from Saturday? : (

Jana said...

I love how vintage these look. They speak to my archivists' soul. ;-)

Heather said...

Jana: Thank you, "vintage" was the look I was going for. :)