Sunday, February 17, 2013

More 2013 Valentines

The rest of the Valentines made for this year . . .



I made several cards using SC418 from Splitcoast Stampers. This first one uses a sticker greeting (XOXO), and I actually added a white foam heart a couple inches above it, but forgot to take another photo. I used leftover embroidery floss in all of the cards.


Here are more of the cards using sketch SC418. I used rub-on hearts for three of the cards. The top left has a computer-printed greeting, while the other three use greetings from the Hero Arts stamp set, "With all my Heart."


A close-up of one of the foursome. I stamped the greetings, then carefully cut around them.  


A couple "non-traditional" Valentine cards. I found this layout from PageMaps on Pinterest. It is an excellent way to use up paper scraps. Computer printed greetings were punched out with the Word Window punch from Stampin' Up, and brads were used to jazz 'em up a bit. There is a quote about friendship on the inside of each.


I have been "unofficially" participating in a "100 cards in 100 days" challenge. Unofficially as I forgot to sign up before the challenge started January 1. So far this year I have made 37 . . . which means I am about ten cards behind. Looks like I have some catching up to do in the next week. :-|




4 comments:

Shelley Munro said...

Very nice. I like the non-traditional ones :)

Heather said...

Thanks, Shelley!

Alice Audrey said...

I love the first one and the last three.

Heather said...

Thanks, Alice! I really liked how the black non-trad ones turned out.