Monday, November 25, 2013

Teaser Tuesday 197: A Timely Vision

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

* Grab your current book or recent read.
* Share a few "teaser" sentences from somewhere in the book.
* BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (Make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away. You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
* Share the title and author so that other participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teaser!



This week I am reading A Timely Vision, the first book in the Missing Pieces series -- one of the many series by Joyce and Jim Lavene. The Lavene's are this month's Featured Author for the Cozy Mysteries group at Goodreads. Here's a teaser from early in the book:


I pitched forward, face-first, in to the sea oats. A few of the sharp leaves scratched my cheek and chin. I guess I must have closed my eyes as I fell because when I opened them, it wasn’t sea oats that I saw.

(Chapter two)







ABOUT THE BOOK:
Series: Missing Pieces, book one

Meet Dae O’Donnell, a woman with a gift for finding lost things. Sometimes it leads her to lost keys or earrings—and sometimes it leads her to murder.

The mayor of Duck, North Carolina, Dae O’Donnell wears many hats. She’s the ceremonial ribbon cutter, champion of the local turtle population, and the person everyone turns to when they’ve lost something. One touch and Dae can find it, and missing pieces seem to find their way to her, whether she wants them to or not.

When town matriarch Miss Mildred seeks out Dae to help find her missing watch, Dae’s vision leads her straight into a murder investigation. Now she must prove that Miss Mildred isn’t a cold-blooded killer. With the help of town newbie and retired FBI agent Kevin Brickman, Dae sets out to prove Mildred’s innocence—hoping she won’t become Duck’s next missing piece . . .





18 comments:

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Ooh, I wonder what she fell into? I'm now intrigued. Thanks for sharing...and for visiting my blog. Enjoy your week!

Anonymous said...

Great teaser! Makes me want to know more. Here is my TT http://cynthiastacey.com/2013/11/26/teaser-tuesday-nov-26/

Unknown said...

Definitely an interesting one :)

http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2013/11/teaser-tuesdays_26.html

Mary Hill said...

Too little time; so many great teasers this week. I love yours and I love meeting book bloggers too. Thanks for sharing.

Mary-andering Among the Pages

Heather said...

Laurel-Rain: Happy to have piqued your curiosity this week. :D

Cynthia: Thanks, I am eager to read more and see what developes -- especially after the scene I read before bed last night. Hehe... :)

Heather said...

Valentina: Thank you. I'm glad I have the next three in this series in Mount TBR. :)

Mary: Isn't that always the way? Mount TBR is already out of control, but does that ever stop me from adding to it?? :-\

kayerj said...

interesting . . . I have no idea what to expect. Have a Happy Thanksgiving.

Heather said...

Kelley: Being a mystery, you can be sure whatever she sees won't be pleasant. Happy Thanksgiving! ;)

Jessica @ a GREAT read said...

Oh my!! What did she fall in?!

Thanks for visiting my teaser!

Alice Audrey said...

Dang! They stole the premise of one of my best books!

Yvonne said...

This is definitely on my list to read! Great teaser!

Jenny @ Book Sojourner said...

Uh Oh. What did she fall in? Great teaser.

Thanks for stopping by Book Sojourner!

Heather said...

Jessica: Hehe...that is the question, isn't it? :D

Alice: You're writing a paranormal mystery?

Heather said...

Yvonne: It's a good start to this series. I'm now halfway through and eager to see how it ends!

Jenny: I'm glad so many people are interested in finding out what Dae fell in. :)

CHRISTIE said...

What a great teaser! It really leaves you wanting more :)

Heather said...

Thanks, Christie!

Lisa-Marie Jordan said...

Oohh, that's a great teaser! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Heather said...

Thanks, Lisa-Marie! :D