Sunday, April 06, 2014

Candy Shoppe

I bought this kit last year when I saw it on clearance, with the intention of doing it as a Christmas present for a friend. Between one project and another, this one kept getting shoved aside--and it's not like i could work on it in front of her during one of our craft weekends. It's not that I haven't worked on something for her in front of her before, but those projects were harder to tell what and whom they were for, and I wanted this one to be a surprise.

During the interminably cold month of January, when everyone was sick and stuck indoors, I finished it over the course of two weeks. When I mentioned that I had completed a project for someone, but wasn't sure whether to save it for Christmas or birthday, I was told "birthday -- that way she'll have it for Christmas." So, the lucky recipient received it last Sunday and, as expected, loved it.

Now to start working on this year's Christmas presents . . .










4 comments:

Alice Audrey said...

The brown really9 adds to it - takes out some of the sweetness and puts in some homespun.

Heather said...

It does, doesn't it? I love the brown and gold tones in this, though the blended needles (one strand each of two or three different colors at once) were a real pain.

Jana said...

Oh, these are just gorgeous. I'm sure your friend appreciated the craftsmanship in them enough to make up for the pain. At least, I hope she did. :)

Heather said...

Thanks, Jana -- and yes, she did love it. ☺