Thursday, June 26, 2014

Skywatch Friday 63

A few photos from an evening walk, Tuesday, June 24 — I started with a trip up to the Grady Knoll of the Arboretum, where goat's-rue is blooming like crazy (see Wednesday's post). Orange butterfly weed is also starting to bloom, as well as lead-plant and many other summer wildflowers.



You can see the bright orange of butterfly weed in this photo.


Goat's-rue lines, and even spills over, the narrow path over the Grady Knoll.


Looking northwest across Greene Prairie towards Grady Knoll . . .







From Grady Tract, I walked east, then north, along the Cannonball Bike Path toward the pedestrian bridge over the highway, where I could actually see the sunset . . .


The sun sets behind the UW Arboretum, seen from Cannonball Path.


Looking north, you can see the Capitol — about 3.5 miles away.


"There's a sunrise and a sunset every single day, and they're
absolutely free. Don't miss so many of them."
― Jo Walton




LINKING TO: Skywatch Friday


Colleen: If you are checking in here, Wordpress is suddenly not letting me comment on your blog. I tried several times Thursday and again Friday morning, and it's eating my posts instead of posting them. I did not see a "contact" on your blog, so hope you see this!




12 comments:

Arija said...

Lovely captures of sky, scenery and vegetation. I scrolled through a number of your prior posts and thoroughly enjoyed all your wildflowers.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful light and lush scenery.

Heather said...

Arija: Thank you, and thanks for checking out some of my previous posts. ☺

Heather said...

LadyFi: Thank you! :)

Al said...

What a pretty place to go walking.

Beverley Baird said...

Such a variety of lovely skies! Wonderful place to walk!

Anonymous said...

Your blog is still here despite the tricky name(laugh) - I don't think I've ever seen this orange "weed":)

Mª Zélia said...

Loved seeing the pictures of your rides! And the sunrise and sunset are a great spectacle of nature!

Rajesh said...

Wonderful views.

NatureFootstep said...

a lovely walk and a great sky.
Thanks for giving me your link. :)

Heather said...

Al: Thank you, it is a great place for walking.

Beverley: Thank you! ☺

Jeanette: Yes, still here, LOL. Butterfly weed is quite common in prairies/meadows across the US. It likes partial to full sun, and bees and butterflies both love it.

Heather said...

Mª Zélia: Thank you, I'm glad you enjoyed my sunset walk.

Rajesh: Thank you!

NatureFootstep: Thank you, it was a great evening for a walk -- warm, but not as hot and humid as it was this past weekend.