Monday, October 27, 2014

Teaser Tuesday 240: The Aristocrat

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

* Grab your current book or recent read.
* Share a few "teaser" sentences from somewhere in the book.
* BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (Make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away. You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
* Share the title and author so that other participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teaser!



I spent the weekend reading a contemporary romance plucked out of Mount TBR, The Aristocrat by Catherine Coulter. Pretty good, considering it is one of her earlier works. Here's a bit from early in the book:



"Well, you see, there are some stipulations in the late Lord Asherwood's will."

"Stipulations?"


(Chapter 2)









ABOUT THE BOOK:

What would an American football star do if he suddenly found himself an English lord? It wasn't something pro quarterback Brant Asher had ever bothered to think about—until the day he learned of his inheritance. He was now Viscount Asherwood, heir to an English estate, and a whole lot of trouble.

Brant had inherited the obligation to marry Daphne, charitably described to him as an ugly duckling. This wasn't an attractive prospect for a man who enjoyed the pleasures of bachelor life— until he met the lady in question. Her reputation was obviously undeserved, because this was no ugly duckling; this was a beautiful swan.







20 comments:

Unknown said...

I am a fan of this author! So this book is probably one that I will read at some point! I do hope you enjoy it! :)

Here is my TT!
Kenzi @Shattered Hearts Reviews

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Ah, sounds intriguing...and under the category of "be careful what you wish for." Just in case he was wishing for an inheritance...LOL.

Thanks for sharing...and for visiting my blog.

Heather said...

Kenzi: It was good, thanks.

Laurel-Rain: Yes, inheritances can come with quite a number of strings, LOL. Thanks for visiting - and for always checking the evil WP spam/junk folder for my posts. ☺

Anonymous said...

I've read some of her books in the past. It's been ages.
Mine this week is a series mystery: Burn by Nevada Barr at http://wp.me/pZnGI-f4

Cleopatra Loves Books said...

I've not read any by this author but that teaser is definitely intriguing! Thanks for visiting my TT http://cleopatralovesbooks.wordpress.com/2014/10/28/teaser-tuesday-october-28/

Unknown said...

I used to read a lot of this authors books and it's been a while since I picked up one. I've not heard of this. I hope you enjoy it.
Here is my TT - http://fuonlyknew.com/2014/10/28/teaser-tuesdays-87-moore-zombies-and-the-alien-next-door/

Unknown said...

Uh oh! "Stipulations" sounds like trouble!!! Have fun reading and thanks for stopping by My Teaser.

colleen said...

Well those lines make an intriguing cliff hanger.

Sandra Nachlinger said...

I haven't read a Catherine Coulter book in a long time, and this sounds like a good one to escape with. I'll look for it.
My Tuesday post features THE BEARWALKER’S DAUGHTER.

Heather said...

Madame V: It's been ages since I read something of hers, too -- longer than I thought!

Cleo: Glad to pique your curiosity! I've been reading this author for years. She currently rites a popular FBI rom-suspense series.

Heather said...

Laura: Same here. I have dozens of her books that have been piling up over the years and which I need to catch up on.

Kerry: Yup, there definitely be trouble ahead. *grin*

Heather said...

Colleen: Thank you, guess that means my work here is done. *G*

Sandra: I knew I hadn't read anything by Coulter in a while, but apparently it's been longer than I initially thought. Must do more catching up with her!

Laura said...

I don't go in much for contemporary romance lately, but this one does sound good. My Teaser is from Trick or Treat? A History of Halloween by Lisa Morton

Yvonne said...

It's been so long since I read anything by this author. She's always good.

Nise' said...

Read this one quite awhile ago.

Greg said...

That is an interesting will I don't doubt. :) Looks like a good read...

Alice Audrey said...

The fact you teasered it makes the will sound ominous.

Heather said...

Hi laura: I admit, I go more for rom-suspense than straight romance these days, but I like mixing things up a bit now and then.

Yvonne: Yes, I don't think I ever read anything by her that disappointed. She had a few historical series I absolutely loved.

Nise': I Meant to read this one quite a while ago, LOL. ☺

Greg: Oh, yeah -- there were some interesting stipulations in that will.

Alice: Not so much ominous as interesting. *VBG*

kayerj said...

stipulations? a will? sounds like things are about to get interesting. Have a happy Halloween! kelley—the road goes ever ever on

Heather said...

Hi Kelley! It did indeed get interesting. *G*