Saturday, September 19, 2015

Random Photo: Cranes

A pair of cranes has been feeding the last couple weeks at a
local park, next block over from where I live.


Apparently there is good eatin' here. 


Aren't they a handsome couple?


They do not seem to mind the kids playing basketball . . . 


. . . They just go on about their business
without a care in the world. 


Geese, on the other hand . . . First I heard them approaching, then watched 
as they splintered into smaller groups and prepared for landing. They were 
about 20 feet above the ground when the cranes set up such a raucous cry, 
the geese did an immediate about face and took off for friendlier fields. 


I'm sure the entire neighborhood heard the din --
too bad it did nothing to quiet the annoying crows. 







4 comments:

Alice Audrey said...

That's why there's a scene in Suzie's House where Drew takes a bead on a crow with his service revolver. They just won't shut up.

Isn't it weird the way a bird like the crane can look both elegant and awkward at the same time?

Heather said...

Alice: It's not just the crows, either -- there's another bird that can be truly annoying as well. Starlings maybe? And yes, it's funny how awkwardly graceful cranes are.

Jana said...

I'm kinda like those cranes. Not the awkwardly graceful part. I'm just awkward. I'm like them in the sense that I'm off in my own little world, oblivious to what's going on around me. ;-)

Heather said...

Jana: Bet you scare off interlopers, too, like the cranes did the geese? :D