Thursday, October 08, 2015

Thursday Thirteen 391: Late Summer Walk

The following photos are from a walk I took in early September. Asters were beginning to bloom, while coneflowers and sunflowers were on their way out.



Crabapples

Last of the Purple Coneflowers

The first New England Asters of the Year


Sky Blue Asters


No idea what this is, but it was growing along a wooded
path and looked pretty cool. 

There were still plenty of sunflowers

Jewelweed had faded from orange to yellow.

More New England Asters


Last of the Cup Plant Sunflowers





LINKING TO: Thursday Thirteen





8 comments:

colleen said...

So many beautiful colors. Nature has the best wardrobe.

Shelley Munro said...

It must have been an enjoyable walk with all that color. I love the crab apples and the mystery red thing.

thebluemuse, phd said...

Gorgeous!

CountryDew said...

Quite a lot of yellows! Very lovely. I always love it when you share your walks with us.

Alice Audrey said...

I was just noticing all the flowers in my neighborhood, even though many of the trees have already turned colors and my monster pumpkin plant is busy dying.

Lea said...

Lovely Autumn flowers!
Have a great day!

Heather said...

Colleen: Indeed she does, and it's ever-changing as well.

Shelley: I always enjoy my walks, but especially when there are a lot of colors or I see something new.

BlueMuse: Thank you!

Heather said...

Thanks, Anita! And yes, there was a lot of yellow. Well, guess there still is, except now it's in the leaves more than the flowers.

Alice: Still a lot of flowers blooming here, and the leaves are about a week from peak color. The Arboretum treeline along the Beltline is gorgeous right now.

Thanks, Lea!