Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Wordless Wednesday 198: December Walk

A few pics from a walk Dec 01, 2015



Local creek beds were running high due to recent rains.


There were occasional glimpses of a bright blue sky


Looking along a clouded bike trail


Abandoned


More clouds move in


There were areas of flooding due to heavy rains
the day before this walk -- I'm sure they're even worse
now with over two inches of rain at week's start.


Flotsam 


The sun makes a brief appearance




LINKING TO:

Wordless Wednesday






7 comments:

Beth at PlantPostings said...

Looks like a lovely walk! Boy, we've had a pleasant December. I'm a little worried about what this mild weather will do to the plants and animals, though. I haven't seen any bees, but my spring plants are starting to emerge!

Heather said...

Beth: It's definitely been an odd December for us with all these mild temps, and certainly worrisome. I can't believe we've hit temps of 60 this month and only a trace of snow. Looks like we're in for a yucky green Christmas this year. :(

NCSue said...

Gorgeous!
Such lovely photos.

Thanks for linking up at http://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2015/12/beautiful-saint-maarten.html

Alice Audrey said...

I had to readjust my perspective for the first one. I kept thinking Niagara Falls.

Heather said...

Thanks, Sue!

Alice: It does sort of resemble Niagara, doesn't it?

Jana: Thank you!

Oh My Heartsie Girls Weekly Linkup said...

What a wonderful walk and great photos, love the first one with all the water swirling!!
Merry Christmas!

Heather said...

Thank you. Alas, I have not had time to walk in the past couple weeks, but have been getting plenty of exercise at work. It's nothing to log 4-8 miles a day, depending on what they have me doing. After a month without and a green Christmas, we are finally getting snow today (Dec 28).