Last week I picked up a book in the used book stores clearance section for only $1: The Secrets of Your Birthday by Alicia Thompson. Here are a few things it had to say about my birthday, which is this weekend.
01. First, I am a Pisces, which probably doesn’t surprise people who know me well. Pisces are born between Feb 20 and March 20 and, being a water sign, are ruled by Neptune.
02. "Represented by two fish, Pisces is the ultimate water sign, which means that just like the ocean, girls born in this period have many hidden depths. Guided by dreams and intuition, they are completely uninterested in staying on the surface of life.
03. "Creative and extremely sensitive, they can be excellent friends but also difficult to get along with, and their passion for privacy makes a Keep Out sign look welcoming."
04. Fruit they most resemble: Star Fruit: Exotic, sweet, easily bruised.
05. Strength to play on: Artistic: in touch with the universe
06. Pitfalls to avoid: Illogical, out of touch with peers.
07. "They say it's better to be alone than in bad company, and you’d almost always prefer the company of a good book, a movie, or a sketch pad." (Nailed that one, didn’t they?)
08. Independent and self-directed, you don’t mind rolling solo and find it freeing to be away from the crush of the crowd. (Yup, usually true as well.)
09. That doesn't mean you go Quasimodo, though; a few close friends keep you connected to the world outside your bedroom. Just make sure you’re not putting too much pressure on a narrow social pipeline. Take a lesson from the trees: If you want to grow, you have to branch out.
10. Plus/Minus: Do not let fears about new situations and people keep you from following your dreams. You may be a wallflower naturally, but you’ll bloom much quicker if you are willing to step into the spotlight every once in the while. (I generally hate being in the spotlight!)
11. Friend match: You have a tendency to withdraw, but a fun-loving Aries can help break you out of your shell. Her natural sociability helps put you at ease in large groups, but her sensitivity to your feelings will guarantee that when you feel ready to flee, she will help you make a getaway.
12. Incidentally, the profile for my best friend’s birthday, an Aries, recommends a loyal Pisces as personal cheerleader. "Deeply connected to the world around her, a Pisces can help you build more pasting connections with the people you meet."
13. Love match: Air-signs. "Unfortunately, air signs are notoriously impatient. If you want someone who doesn't mind taking it slow, look for a shy but oh-so-adorable Scorpio." Alas, I know no male Scorpios, to my knowledge.
LINKING TO: Thursday Thirteen