Thursday, March 24, 2016

Thursday Thirteen 409: Quotes

Here are some of the most recent quotes I have Favorited at Goodreads:



01. “It may be unfair, but what happens in a few days, sometimes even a single day, can change the course of a whole lifetime...”
― Khaled Hosseini, The Kite Runner


02. “Cakes are healthy too, you just eat a small slice”
― Mary Berry


03. “Now Autumn's fire burns slowly along the woods and day by day the dead leaves fall and melt.”
― William Allingham, Day and night songs


04. “Up the airy mountain,
Down the rushy glen,
We daren't go a-hunting
For fear of little men.”
― William Allingham, The Fairies: A Poem


05. “By the craggy hill-side,
Through the mosses bare,
They have planted thorn-trees
For pleasure here and there.
If any man so daring
As dig them up in spite,
He shall find their sharpest thorns
In his bed at night.”
― William Allingham, The Fairies: A Poem


06. “Not like Homer would I write,
Not like Dante if I might,
Not like Shakespeare at his best,
Not like Goethe or the rest,
Like myself, however small,
Like myself, or not at all.”
― William Allingham, Blackberries


07. “Take pride in your pain; you are stronger than those who have none”
― Lois Lowry, Gathering Blue


08. “To read a poem in January is as lovely as to go for a walk in June.”
― Jean Paul Friedrich Richter


09. “How alone everyone is in the vast tomb of the universe!”
― Jean Paul Friedrich Richter


10. “Music is moonlight in the gloomy night of life.”
― Jean Paul Friedrich Richter


11. “The most authentic thing about us is our capacity to create, to overcome, to endure, to transform, to love and to be greater than our suffering.”
― Ben Okri


12. “Sometimes the right thing feels all wrong until it is over and done with.”
― Alice Hoffman, Practical Magic


13. “It is the very mark of the spirit of rebellion to crave for happiness in this life”
― Henrik Ibsen, Ghosts





LINKING TO: Thursday Thirteen






4 comments:

colleen said...

I love the one about cake, a poem in January and right feeling wrong until it's over.

Mia Celeste said...

I'm a fan of quotes, good reads and Word Trix. Thanks for putting them all together for me today. :)

Alice Audrey said...

#2 reminds me of last Summer when I was so happy to learn that I could get away with eating a tablespoon of caramel sea salt gellatto. I couldn't get away with any more than that, but I could eat that much and still lose weight.

Heather said...

Thanks, Colleen!

Mia: Aw, shucks... Thank you. *VBG*

Alice: I'm glad you found a gellatto you can eat!