Thursday, January 26, 2017

Thursday Thirteen 446: Thirteen Cards

This week I am sharing thirteen of the 60-some assorted cards made during December and January that were for occasions other than Christmas. Every year I give a set of 50 to one of my friends who does not craft, consisting of a variety of thank you, birthday, sympathy, get well and thinking of you cards. This year I also added several baby, after coming across some dimension stickers and rub-ons that needed to be used up. The dimensionals were so old I had to doctor all of them, replacing the old, dried-up adhesives with new. A few of the birthday cards were set aside for personal use. Additional accessories include grosgrain ribbon, buttons, a scallop edge punch, and decorative brads.































LINKING TO: Thursday Thirteen




10 comments:

zippiknits...sometimes said...

Your cards are perfectly beautiful. I think the, " it's a boy" with the little sail boat is my favorite one. I'm a secret card maker. ;-)

Heather said...

Thank you! I liked how the sailboat card turned out, too. Pity I have no current use for baby cards myself, or I would have kept a few of those.

zippiknits...sometimes said...

ho ho. You should keep one of them anyway. That could be seen as the a message to the stars? ;-)

Heather said...

Nah, I'm not tempting fate and I can always make one if necessary. '-)

Alice Audrey said...

You got me with the palm tree, and the sail boat is adorable!

Mia Celeste said...

I like the cupcake card. It just makes me smile.Thanks.

colleen said...

I think you should take a picture or video of you making a card. Do you sell them?

CountryDew said...

I am always envious when I see your cards. You do such a good job! I love them all.

Heather said...

Alice: Thank you, palm trees have gone out in the mail for a college friend's birthday.

Mia: Why, thank you! Just happened to think that one would make a great Valentine card for one of my nieces, if I still have it and haven't yet stamped a birthday greeting inside.

Heather said...

Colleen: I could video myself making a card, but I wouldn't know how to edit it or upload it. I have occasionally sold a few of my cards to people I know.

Thanks, Anita! I was hoping to have another card-making session over the weekend, but that never happened. I'm just getting over a cold and still feeling drained.